If you have a lost, stolen or damaged registered AT HOP card you can transfer the balance of that AT HOP card to another card registered to the same account.
- You can only request a balance transfer from a cancelled card to an active card registered to the same account.
- A balance transfer cannot be completed between primary and linked accounts or between active cards.
Cancelling your card first
Transferring the card balance can only happen if the AT HOP card has been cancelled. Find out how to cancel your AT HOP card.
What is transferred from one card to another
Once your card balance transfer request has been processed (this is done manually so can take a few working days) when you next tag on:
- Your card balance will be updated.
- Any concessions will be transferred.
- Any auto top ups will be updated to the new card.
- Any monthly passes (activated or non-activated) will be transferred - be careful not to load a monthly pass onto your new card until the balance has been transferred from your lost or stolen card. This will cause the balance transfer to fail and result in the balance of the previous monthly pass to be lost.
- Any day passes that have not yet been activated will be transferred.
Once processed your online account will be updated after the next time you tag on.
Faulty AT HOP card
If your AT HOP card is registered, we can provide you with a free card. You can then, register it to your account and complete a balance transfer for any remaining HOP money or product. If your card is not registered and is deemed faulty, please contact us to determine the best way to complete the replacement as it has to be done in person.
How to transfer the balance from one card to another online
- Log in to your MyAT account.
- Click "MyAT HOP cards" and select the cancelled card you wish to transfer funds from. If the card is still active, cancel the card first.
- Click on the "Transfer balance".
- Select the receiving card or register a new card.
- Click "Request Transfer" to review the request details.
- Enter the new card number.
- Click "Confirm".
Once your card balance transfer request has been submitted, it will be processed within a few working days. Once processed your online account will be updated after the next time you tag on. Tag on within 60 days, otherwise the top up expires and the payment will be reversed to the credit card or debit card you have used to top up. If this happens, we will send you an email to let you know we've done the reversal.