Devonport - Maungauika / North Head for races on course C
Travel information, road closures and transport options for getting to Maungauika/North Head in Devonport to view the America's Cup races. Maungauika/North Head in Devonport is a great spot to view races on course C.
Public transport options
- If you are new to using public transport in Auckland, then find out how to get set up on public transport.
- The AT HOP card is a reusable prepay smart card for travel on trains, ferries and buses around Auckland. Learn more or buy a limited edition America's Cup AT HOP card.
- Use the journey planner to plan your travel to the viewing locations.
- Download the AT Mobile app to help you plan your journey before you go and track your bus, train or ferry in real time on the day of your travel.
- Keep safe and remember to follow our COVID-19 information when travelling around Auckland.
Travel by ferry
If you’re travelling from south of the Auckland Harbour Bridge, catching the ferry to Devonport is a good option.
Congestion is expected around Maungauika / North Head in Devonport on race days so you are advised to plan ahead, and to consider taking public transport if you can.
A limited number of accessible parking spaces will be available in the Maungauika car parks on a first come first served basis.
Cycling & walking
Make the most of summer and consider walking or cycling to view the race action. Download the AT Mobile app to plan and track journeys by bike or on foot.
Bike and e-scooter parking is available at Maungauika / North Head at the North Head carpark.
There are no road closures or parking restrictions related to the PRADA Cup Round Robin series planned for Devonport. Event activity will be monitored throughout race days, and if deemed necessary, this is subject to change. Please check back here for information about the PRADA Cup Finals (13 - 22 February). For information about other road closures not related to America’s Cup.
Other locations to view
Other locations to view the race on course C is Ōrākaei and Tāmaki Drive or view all the action down at the America's Cup Race Village in Wynyard Quarter. If you want to be out on the water to view the racing, find out about boating on the Waitematā Harbour and Hauraki Gulf during the America's Cup.