Travel information and planning options to view the 36th America's Cup presented by PRADA in Auckland.
The 36th America's Cup consists of three races series:
- The America's Cup World Series regatta and Christmas Race is from 17 to 20 December 2020.
- The Prada Cup challenger series is from 15 January to 22 February 2021.
- The America’s Cup match is from 6 to 21 March 2021.
Boating on the Waitematā Harbour and Hauraki Gulf
If you plan to get on the water amongst the action, then register your details on the America's cup website to stay updated. Access the race course locations and charts to understand course boundary locations and markers.
The Auckland Harbormaster's office has information for skippers and people using the Hauraki Gulf and Waitematā Harbour during racing.
Check back closer to the event dates for information about getting to the different viewing locations.
Ways to get to viewing locations
- If you are new to using public transport in Auckland, then find out how to get set up on public transport.
- The AT HOP card is a reusable prepay smart card for travel on trains, ferries and buses around Auckland. Learn more or buy an AT HOP card.
- Use the journey planner to plan your travel to the viewing locations.
- Download the AT Mobile app to plan and track your journeys.
- Keep safe and remember to follow our COVID-19 information when travelling around Auckland.
Changes to ferry services
Racing for the America's Cup World Series regatta and Christmas Race will mean some changes, increased travel time, or cancellations to some ferry services between Thursday 17 and Sunday 20 December, learn more about the ferry service changes.
Walking and cycling
Make the most of summer and consider walking or cycling to view the race action. Download the AT Mobile app to plan and track journeys by bike or on foot.
Driving and parking
Congestion is expected around key viewing locations on race days so you are advised to plan ahead, and to consider taking public transport if you can. Road closures, parking restrictions and managed vehicle access will be in place at the following locations :
- Wynyard Quarter and Viaduct Harbour and Quay Street.
- Tamaki Drive.
All city centre car parks will be open and accessible for this time period.
Other events in Auckland
A dynamic summer festival series is set to bring the entire Auckland region to life, check out the Summernova festival series 2020/2021.
Published 13 November 2020 | Last updated 18 November 2020
Information is correct at the time of publishing and subject to change