Travel on trains and Northern Express (NX1) services is included with your pre-purchased game ticket to see the International Rugby League, Kiwis vs Tonga at Mt Smart Stadium.
Venue: Mt Smart Stadium
Date: Saturday 22 June 2019
Gates open: 2pm
Kiwi Ferns vs Fetu Samoa 3:10pm
Kiwis vs Tonga 5:40pm
Please plan your journey in advance and allow extra time to travel to this event.
Regular scheduled bus services operate via Great South Road past the Penrose train station. The 66 frequent crosstown service, 670 and 743 bus services travel via Mt Smart Stadium. Normal fares/passes apply for bus travel that is not on the NX1.
Northern Express (NX1) buses
Travel to and from Britomart on the Northern Express (NX1) buses is included with your game ticket from 2pm until the end of service.
Normal bus fares apply if you do not present a pre-purchased game ticket for this event.
|Route||To/From Britomart||Departure Point|
Northern Express (NX1)
This service is operated by Ritchies Transport
Every 10 minutes from 6.10am to 8.20pm
Every 15 minutes from 8.20pm to 11.20pm, then midnight
Albany Platform A (stop 4226)
Every 10 minutes up to 8.45pm then every 15 minutes from 8.45pm to midnight
Every 30 minutes from midnight to 3am
Britomart - Lower Albert St near Quay St (stop 7071)
For any other scheduled bus services to and from the Mt Smart Stadium please use the Journey Planner.
Travel early and beat the crowds.Travel on trains is included with your pre-purchased game ticket and starts from 2pm and finishes when services end that evening.
- There will be additional trains from Penrose to Britomart, post-match.
- Two additional trains will depart from Britomart to Papakura, post-match.
- Buses will replace trains between Onehunga and Ellerslie, post match.
- Buses will replace trains between Ellerslie and Onehunga, post match.
Western and Eastern Line:
- Trains will operate to a standard Saturday timetable. View the full train timetables.
The Downtown Ferry Terminal is next to the Britomart Transport Centre in Downtown Auckland. Ferry passengers can easily change to a train from Britomart station to Penrose station for the game.
Normal fares/passes apply for ferry travel.
For scheduled services to and from the city please use the Journey Planner.
- Travel on trains, NX1* bus services to and from Penrose for the Kiwis vs Tonga double header match at Mt Smart Stadium on Saturday 22 June 2019 is included with your match ticket.
- NX1* bus service and train travel is included with your match ticket and starts from 2pm for the Kiwis vs Tonga double header on Saturday 22 June 2019.
- Normal fares will apply to all train services if a match ticket is not presented.
- A pre-purchased ticket must be shown upon request and applicable on for the Kiwis vs Tonga double header match on Saturday 22 June 2019. Ticket receipts are not accepted.
- Tickets must be retained to show for return travel after the game, otherwise normal fares will apply.
- While all effort has been made to cater for expected demand on trains, space on these services is subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed. Passengers will be boarded on a first come first served basis.
- Auckland Transport accepts no liability whatsoever in relation to the provision of these services, including, but not limited to, any liability in relation to any delay of, or failure to provide, any services.
- Travel on ferries and bus routes is not included with your concert ticket.
- Standard terms and conditions of carriage apply.
*Only NX1 bus services are included. Normal fares apply for all other Northern Express services.
Published 27 May 2019 | Last updated 30 May 2019
Information is correct at the time of publishing and subject to change