Travel on all train and bus services and the CBD event buses to see Queen + Adam Lambert live in concert at Mt Smart Stadium is included with your concert ticket.
Date: Friday 7 February 2020.
Gates open: 6:30pm
Main act: 8:30pm
Place: Mt Smart Stadium.
Traffic and public transport will be busier than normal, please plan your journey in advance and allow extra time. Your concert ticket includes your trip to and from the event on all train and bus services and the CBD event buses. If you are not attending the concert please avoid the area.
While all effort has been made to cater for expected demand on trains, buses and special events buses, space on the services is subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed. Passengers will be boarded on a first come first served basis.
- View a map of transport options for Mt Smart Stadium.
- Find out about parking restrictions and road closures.
- Read the terms and conditions.
Catch any bus service from a bus stop near you to get to Mt Smart Stadium. Travel included with your ticket on all bus services begins from 5pm until end of service after the concert. Use the Journey Planner for more details on getting to Mt Smart Stadium from your starting point.
Special Event Buses from City to Mt Smart
Travel is included with your concert ticket on special event buses between the city and Mt Smart Stadium. Space on special event buses is limited and will be first come, first served.
City to Mt Smart Stadium (and return)
5:30pm to 7:30pm
Temporary bus stop at 4 Mayoral Drive behind Aotea Centre
For 1 hour post concert, or until crowd is clear
Temporary bus stop on O'Rorke Road, on the left-hand side facing Church Road
All other bus services will be operating to their scheduled timetables. Please use the Journey Planner to plan your journey.
You can travel on trains from 5pm with your concert ticket. Travel prior to this will be at the standard fare. Use the Journey Planner to plan your journey.
Southern and Eastern Line (including Onehunga)
Additional trains will operate on the Southern and Eastern Line after the concerts.
The Western Line will operate to a standard timetable with no additional services.
Please note: You must show your concert ticket for all travel on trains. If you do not present your event ticket, standard fares will apply.
Post event: You may experience delays between trains when transferring to another line. We recommend checking the timetables and planning your journey to and from events in advance.
Travelling on the Western or Eastern Lines, you will need to change trains at either Britomart, Newmarket or Otahuhu for the Southern Line trains to Penrose. Check the timetables carefully for your connections.
The Downtown Ferry Terminal is located on Quay Street in Downtown Auckland. This means ferry passengers can easily cross the road and catch the special event buses or trains for transport to the concert.
Normal fares/passes apply for ferry services.
For regular scheduled services to and from the city please use the Journey Planner.
Transport options to Mt Smart Stadium
- Travel included with your ticket applies to all train and bus services and the CBD event buses to and from Mt Smart Stadium for the Queen + Adam Lambert concert on Friday 7 February 2020
- Travel included with your ticket on trains and buses starts from 5pm until end of service
- Travel included with your ticket on special event bus services from the CBD to Mt Smart Stadium starts from 5:30pm
- To ride with your ticket on trains, buses or event bus services you must show your valid pre-purchased ticket entitling you entry to the Queen + Adam Lambert concert on Friday 7 February 2020. Ticket receipts are not acceptable
- Tickets must be retained to show for return travel after the event, otherwise normal fares will apply
- If you do not show your valid event ticket normal fares apply for regular train and bus services
- While all effort has been made to cater for expected demand on specified transport services, space on these services is subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed. Passengers will be boarded on a first come first served basis
- Auckland Transport accepts no liability whatsoever in relation to the provision of these services, including, but not limited to, any liability in relation to any delay of, or failure to provide, any services
- Travel on ferries is not free. Normal fares apply
- Standard terms and conditions of carriage apply
Published 14 January 2020 | Last updated 28 January 2020
Information is correct at the time of publishing and subject to change