Travel on trains, Northern Express services and special event buses is included with your pre-purchased game ticket to see the Rugby League World Cup games at Mt Smart Stadium.
Venue: Mt Smart Stadium
Date: Saturday 25 November 2017
Time: Kick-off, 6pm
Travel on special event buses operating to Mt Smart Stadium from Auckland City Centre and return is included in your pre-purchased game ticket.
Saturday 25 November - Semi-final
|Departure times to/from Mt Smart||Departure point|
City Centre (Quay St) to Mt Smart
This service is operated by NZ Bus
|To||2.45pm to 5pm
Approximate 5 minute frequency
|Temporary bus stop on Quay St, between Commerce St and Gore St|
|From||For 1 hour post event||Temporary bus stop on O'Rorke Rd|
Northern Express buses
Travel to and from Britomart on the Northern Express buses is included with your game ticket from 3 hours prior to kick off until the end of service.
Normal bus fares apply if you do not present a pre-purchased game ticket for this event.
|Route||To/From Britomart||Departure Point|
This service is operated by Ritchies Transport
Every 10 minutes from 8.15am to 7.15pm
Every 15 minutes from 7.15pm to midnight
Albany Platform 2A (stop 4226)
Every 15 minutes from 7.40pm to 11.10pm
Every 30 minutes from 11.30pm to 3am
Britomart - Lower Albert St near Quay St (stop 7071)
Travel on trains 3 hours before kick-off until the end of service is included with your pre-purchased game ticket.
Normal train fares apply if you do not present a pre-purchased game ticket for this event.
Train timetables for Saturday 25 November 2017 - Semi-final
- View the Southern and Eastern Line (includes Onehunga Line) train timetable for 25 November 2017 (PDF 450KB).
- View the Western Line train timetable for 25 November 2017 (PDF 415KB).
The Downtown Ferry Terminal is next to the Britomart Transport Centre in Downtown Auckland. Ferry passengers can easily change to a special event bus from Quay St or a train from Britomart station to Penrose station for the game.
Normal fares/passes apply for ferry travel.
For scheduled services to and from the city please use the Journey Planner.
There are currently temporary departure points at the Downtown Ferry Terminal while seawall repair works are in place. Find out more about Downtown ferry departure changes.
- Travel included with your game ticket applies only to special event bus services, Northern Express Buses and all trains services to and from Penrose for the match between New Zealand and Samoa on Saturday 28th October and the semi final on Saturday 25th November 2017 at Mt Smart Stadium.
- Bus travel included with your game ticket is ONLY available on special event bus services and Northern Express Buses.
- Travel included with your game ticket on trains and Northern Express Buses starts from 3 hours prior to kick off.
- Travel included with your game ticket on special event bus services starts approx. 3 hours prior to kick off.
- To ride for free on specified event bus, Northern Express Buses or train services you must show your valid pre-purchased ticket entitling you entry to the match between New Zealand and Samoa on Saturday 25th November 2017 at Mt Smart Stadium. Ticket receipts are not acceptable.
- Tickets must be retained to show for return travel after the match, otherwise normal fares will apply.
- If you do not show your valid match ticket normal fares apply for regular train and Northern Express Bus services.
- While all effort has been made to cater for expected demand on trains, Northern Express Services and special event buses, space on these services is subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed. Passengers will be boarded on a first come first served basis.
- Auckland Transport accepts no liability whatsoever in relation to the provision of these services, including, but not limited to, any liability in relation to any delay of, or failure to provide, any services.
- Travel on Ferries is not included with your game ticket.
- Standard terms and conditions of carriage apply.
Published 11 September 2017 | Last updated 6 November 2017
Information is correct at the time of publishing and subject to change