Travel on trains, special event buses, and Northern Express (NX1 - not including services from Hibiscus Coast) is included with your game ticket to see the SKY Sport Breakers at Spark Arena.
(match lasts approx 2 hours)
|Friday 31 January 2020||Breakers vs 36ers||7:30pm|
Travel is included with your ticket on existing Northern Express (NX1 - not including services from Hibiscus Coast) buses from 3 hours prior to the event to end of service.
Please note: NX1 Lower Albert Street bus stop will be closed from 7 December 2019 until 9 February 2020. NX1 buses trips will end outside H&M on Customs Street (just before Queen Street) and depart from stop 7016 on Customs Street East near Queens Arcade.
Special event bus services from Quay Street via Northern Busway stations to Albany start at match end until one hour post event.
|Departure times to/from Spark Arena||Departure point|
Spark Arena via Northern Busway Stations to Albany Station
Catch scheduled NX1 buses pre-event
Travel is included with your game ticket on existing Northern Express Bus (NX1) and train services 3 hours prior to tip-off until the end of service
|From||Final Whistle until approx. 1 hour post event||
Temporary bus stop on Quay Street (near the footbridge access from Spark Arena)
Free travel on rail starts 3 hours before tip-off and ends at the finish of services that evening.
Passengers must show their game ticket for all travel on trains. Passengers who do not present their pre-purchased ticket will be charged normal fares.
Plan your journey with the Journey Planner.
Post event: You may experience delays between trains when transferring to another line. We recommend checking the timetables and planning your journey to and from events in advance.
The Downtown Ferry Terminal is next to the Britomart Transport Centre in Downtown Auckland. Spark Arena is located a short walk away. From the terminal, cross the road opposite the Downtown Ferry building, turn left and walk along Quay Street. Turn right onto Tapora Street then left onto Mahuhu Crescent or continue past Tapora Street and take the stairs/ramp access over the train tracks to the front of Spark Arena.
Normal fares/passes apply for ferry travel.
For scheduled services to and from the city please use the Journey Planner.
- Travel included with your ticket applies only to NX1 (not including services from Hibiscus Coast) existing bus services, all trains services and special event bus services for the SKY Sport NZ Breakers ten game series in 2019/2020
- Travel included with your ticket on NX1 (not including services from Hibiscus Coast) bus services starts from three hours prior to tip-off until the last service on all SKY Sport NZ Breakers ten game series in 2019/2020
- Travel included with your ticket on trains starts from three hours prior to tip-off until the last train on all SKY Sport NZ Breakers ten game series in 2019/2020
- Travel included with your ticket on special event bus services starts at match end until one hour post event for the SKY Sport NZ Breakers ten game series
- To ride for free on specified bus and train services you must show your pre-purchased game ticket or applicable Breakers membership card entitling you to entry to the game. Ticket receipts are not acceptable.
- Tickets must be retained to show for return travel after the game, otherwise normal fares will apply
- If you do not show your valid match ticket or membership pass normal fares apply for regular train services and NX1 (not including services from Hibiscus Coast) services
- While all effort has been made to cater for expected demand on trains, NX1 (not including services from Hibiscus Coast) and special event buses, space on these services is subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed. Passengers will be boarded on a first come first served basis
- Auckland Transport accepts no liability whatsoever in relation to the provision of these services, including, but not limited to, any liability in relation to any delay of, or failure to provide, any services
- Travel on ferries is NOT FREE. Normal fares apply
- Standard terms and conditions of carriage apply.
Published 18 September 2019 | Last updated 20 January 2020
Information is correct at the time of publishing and subject to change