Travel on trains and special event buses to see U2 live in concert at Mt Smart Stadium is included with your concert ticket.
Date: Friday 8 and Saturday 9 November 2019
Gates open: 5pm
Opening act: 7pm
Place: Mt Smart Stadium.
Traffic and public transport will be busier than normal, please plan your journey in advance and allow extra time. Your concert ticket includes your trip to and from the event on trains, the Northern Express (NX1/2), and special event buses. If you are not attending the concert please avoid the area.
While all effort has been made to cater for expected demand on trains, Northern Express and special event buses, space on these services is subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed. Passengers will be boarded on a first come first served basis.
- View a map of transport options for Mt Smart Stadium.
- Find out about parking restrictions and road closures.
- Read the terms and conditions.
Transport options to Mt Smart Stadium
For travel from the North Shore catch scheduled Northern Express (NX1/2) Buses
Travel is included with your concert ticket on scheduled Northern Express (NX1/2) buses to and from the city from 4pm to end of service.
Special Event Buses from City to Mt Smart
Travel is included with your concert ticket on special event buses between the city and Mt Smart Stadium. Space on special event buses is limited and will be first come, first served.
City to Mt Smart Stadium (and return)
4:30pm to 7pm
Temporary bus stop at 4 Mayoral Drive behind Aotea Centre
For 1 hour post concert, or until crowd is clear
Temporary bus stop on O'Rorke Road, on the left-hand side facing Church Road
All other bus services will be operating to their scheduled timetables and standard fares will apply.
You can travel on trains from 4pm with your concert ticket. Travel prior to this will be at the standard fare.
Southern and Eastern Line (including Onehunga)
Additional trains will operate on the Southern Line to Penrose before the game on Friday 8 November.
Addtional trains will operate on the Southern Line from Penrose to Britomart after the game on Friday 8 November. The Onehunga line will be suspended from 10pm.
Additional trains will operate on the Southern and Eastern Line from Britomart after the game on Friday 8 November. The Onehunga line will be suspended from 10pm.
|Station||Southern Line||Eastern Line|
The Western Line will operate to a standard Saturday timetable with no additional services.
Trains will operate to a standard Saturday timetable on Saturday 9 November 2019. Use the Journey Planner to plan your journey.
Please note: You must show your concert ticket for all travel on trains. If you do not present your event ticket, standard fares will apply.
Post event: You may experience delays between trains when transferring to another line. We recommend checking the timetables and planning your journey to and from events in advance.
Travelling on the Western or Eastern Lines, you will need to change trains at either Britomart, Newmarket or Otahuhu for the Southern Line trains to Penrose. The Onehunga line will be suspended from 10pm. Check the timetables carefully for your connections.
The Downtown Ferry Terminal is located on Quay Street in Downtown Auckland. This means ferry passengers can easily cross the road and catch the special event buses or trains for transport to the concert.
Normal fares/passes apply for ferry services.
For regular scheduled services to and from the city please use the Journey Planner.
- Travel included with your ticket applies only to special event bus services, NX1/2, and all trains services to and from Mt Smart Stadium for the U2 concert on Friday 8 and Saturday 9 November 2019
- Travel included with your ticket on bus travel is ONLY available on special event bus services and NX1/2
- Travel included with your ticket on trains and NX1/2 starts from 4pm
- Travel included with your ticket on special event bus services starts 4:30pm
- To ride for free on specified train, NX1/2 and event bus services you must show your valid pre-purchased ticket entitling you to entry to the U2 concert on Friday 8 and Saturday 9. Ticket receipts are not acceptable
- Tickets must be retained to show for return travel after the concert, otherwise normal fares will apply
- If you do not show your valid concert ticket normal fares apply for regular train and NX1/2 services
- While all effort has been made to cater for expected demand on trains, NX1/2 and special event buses, space on these services is subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed. Passengers will be boarded on a first come first served basis
- Auckland Transport accepts no liability whatsoever in relation to the provision of these services, including, but not limited to, any liability in relation to any delay of, or failure to provide, any services
- Travel on Ferries is NOT FREE. Normal fares apply
- Standard terms and conditions of carriage apply.
Published 2 October 2019 | Last updated 16 October 2019
Information is correct at the time of publishing and subject to change