Travel options to the Waterview Connection 2017 Tunnel opening in Mt Albert.
Date: Sunday 25 June
Time: 10am to 7pm
Place: Waterview Connection entry on Hendon Avenue, Mt Albert
Catch the following bus services travelling via New North Road and Sandringham Rd from Midtown stops 1053 on Victoria St near Hardinge St and stop 1324 on Victoria St outside Spark. Pre-plan your travel with the Journey Planner.
Stop 1053 - Victoria St near Hardinge St
- Routes: 243 and 249 City Centre to Blockhouse Bay, New Lynn
View City Centre to Blockhouse Bay, New Lynn bus timetable
- Routes: 221 and 223 City Centre to New Lynn or Rosebank Rd
View City Centre to New Lynn or Rosebank Rd timetable
Normal fares apply for bus travel
A special shuttle will operate to the Waterview Connection Tunnel opening from Mount Albert Road and return:
|Bus Route||Departure times to/from Waterview Connection open day||Departure point|
Waterview Connection Tunnel opening free shuttle
Sunday 25 June
10am to 7pm
|Stop 8812 at 4 Mt Albert Rd (on the corner of Mt Abert Rd and New North Rd)|
10am to 7pm
|Temporary bus stop on Hendon Ave, near the corner of Barrymore Rd|
*This special shuttle is a free service
Normal fares/passes apply for bus travel
Train services will operate to and from Mt Albert Station via the Western line.
From stop 8812 at 4 Mt Albert Road there is the special shuttle directly to the Waterview Connection 2017 Tunnel opening.
Normal fares/passes apply for train travel.
The Downtown Ferry Terminal is next to the Britomart Transport Centre in Downtown Auckland. Ferry passengers can easily change to a train for transport to the game.
Normal fares/passes apply for ferry travel.
For scheduled services to and from the city please use the Journey Planner.
- While all effort has been made to cater for expected demand on trains and special shuttles, space on these services is subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed. Passengers will be boarded on a first come first served basis.
- Auckland Transport accepts no liability whatsoever in relation to the provision of these services, including, but not limited to, any liability in relation to any delay of, or failure to provide, any services.
- Normal fares apply for travel on all services other than the special shuttle on the day of the event.
- Standard terms and conditions of carriage apply
Published 16 June 2017 | Last updated 19 June 2017
Information is correct at the time of publishing and subject to change