Accessibility Ramp Upgrade
From Monday 30 May 2022, for approximately 8 weeks.
The accessibility access to Ōrākei Train Station will be closed temporarily whilst a new accessibility ramp is constructed. This will include:
- Widening existing footpaths to become a 4 meter wide shared path.
- Constructing a new path and two new mobility car parking spaces beside the driveway at 236 Ōrākei Road (Ōrākei Bay Village).
- Installing traffic lights, pedestrian crossings and turning bays at the intersection of Ōrākei Road and the entry to the Ōrākei Train Station car park.
- 50 car parks at Ōrākei Train Station Park & Ride will be temporarily occupied to allow for maintenance access, materials and machinery.
- Rail Bus Services will still operate during Planned Rail Closures from the Park & Ride carpark as normal.
This will make traffic movements safer and give pedestrians and cyclists a safe place to cross this busy road.
For more information, please visit Glen Innes to Tamaki Drive Shared Path
- There will be no accessibility access to Ōrākei Station while we construct the new mobility parks, the shared path by the driveway and make improvements to the access ramp to the station footbridge.
- An On-Demand mobility taxi service will be available for customers with accessibility requirements by calling 09 355 3553. This service will take customers to Britomart Station or to Meadowbank to connect on to Eastern Line Services.
- We advise customers who require accessibility access, to use Meadowbank Train Station for the duration of construction if possible. Meadowbank Station has mobility parking and is a short distance from Ōrākei Train Station.
- The path next to the rail lines and to the pedestrian bridge to Ōrākei Train Station will be closed for periods, with wayfinding signage in place to safely guide customers around the worksites and to the train station.
Published 18 May 2022 | Last updated 19 May 2022
Information is correct at the time of publishing and subject to change