Auckland Transport and Transdev keep track of the performance of the rail network and report on a monthly basis - with more than 17 million passenger trips per year taken on the network, we endeavour to make the rail network as punctual as possible. We measure the overall performance of the rail network according to how many scheduled train services reach their destinations and run on time.
Transdev operates rail services on the Auckland Passenger Rail Network for Auckland Transport (AT). Transdev takes its commitment to customers seriously and is working hard to support AT in the upgrading of rail infrastructure and improvement of train reliability.
Since March 2009, Transdev has provided performance results on a line by line basis each month.
Train performance is measured as follows:
- Punctuality measures the percentage of services arriving at their final destination within 4 minutes and 59 seconds of their scheduled arrival. This is usually referred to as "on time to 5 minutes" and is an international timekeeping standard.
- Service Delivery measures the percentage of scheduled services that arrive at their final destination.
- A 12-month rolling average for punctuality, service delivery and an analysis of significant events affecting performance will also be provided each month.
Performance Results for September 2017:
Punctuality: 97.5% 12 Month Rolling Average: 96.7%
Service Delivery: 98.8% 12 Month Rolling Average: 98.4%
Punctuality: 98.3% 12 Month Rolling Average: 96.9%
Service Delivery: 99% 12 Month Rolling Average: 98.3%
Punctuality: 98% 12 Month Rolling Average: 96.8%
Service Delivery: 98.7% 12 Month Rolling Average: 98.4%
Punctuality: 96.3% 12 Month Rolling Average: 95.8%
Service Delivery: 98.1% 12 Month Rolling Average: 98.1%
Punctuality: 98.4% 12 Month Rolling Average: 98.3%
Service Delivery: 99.9% 12 Month Rolling Average: 98.8%
Punctuality: 96.6% 12 Month Rolling Average: 96.3%
Service Delivery: 98.8% 12 Month Rolling Average: 98.7%
Monthly performance reporting for September 2017:
Major incidents that affected service performance in September:
- Train operator related issue resulted in disruptions on 2 days in the month, where a train crew matter on 3 and 27 September 2017 between Te Papapa and Penrose in the morning caused disruptions on the network.
- Train operations were affected by 4 third party incident in the month. The most significant being a trespasser at Sylvia Park on 1 September 2017 and another one at Puhinui on 11 September 2017 in the PM peak affected services on the network. Vandalism at Baldwin Ave station on 17 September 2017 disrupted services on the Western Line.
- Infrastructure related issue caused disruption on 1 day in the month, where an overhead line trip between Newmarket and Britomart just after the PM peak affected services on the network.