The Community Bike Fund is a great opportunity for communities to get excited about cycling. Through the fund, AT hope to support groups who can encourage cycling within their community through their projects, events and activities, whether the group has a cycling focus or not. The outcomes of the grant is to:
- Encourage and support people new to riding a bike
- Further normalise cycling as a viable mode of transport
- Support initiatives that showcase cycleways and shared paths to local people and the wider community
- Support an increase in cycle safety
- Encourage community collaboration and partnerships via bikes
- Encourage everyday journeys by bike
- Empower groups to champion cycling within their community
- Encourage cycling as a recreational activity
- Support groups to consider how they can increase cycling within their community
- Opens Monday 5 July 2021.
- Closes Sunday 15 August 2021.
All projects must be completed by 30 June 2022.
Groups can apply for between $300 to $5000.
A total of $50,000 is available to distribute to community groups.
How to apply:
- All applicants should read the grant policy which details all you need to know about the grant.
- Watch this instructional video on how to complete the application form, and details to include.
- Contact AT staff for support and guidance on your application at firstname.lastname@example.org
- APPLY NOW at https://aucklandcouncil.smartygrants.com.au/2022ATBF