This AT Community Bike Fund is to support community initiatives that encourage more people to ride bikes more often in Auckland, especially new riders. It is one part of Auckland Transport’s commitment to support and promote cycling as a transport choice.
How to apply
All applicants should first read the AT Community Bike Fund grant policy to ensure your project is suitable for the fund. If unsure, you should contact Auckland Transport for advice.
All applicants must complete an online application form. You will need to provide:
- information about you or your community group,
- information about your project including which aims the project will contribute to,
- your estimated project costs.
How much and when
Applicants may apply for grants from a minimum of $300 to a maximum of $5,000. Groups with no formal legal structure can apply for a grant up to $1,000.
Projects must be delivered by 30 June 2018.
Open for applications - Monday 30 October 2017.
Last day for applications - Wednesday 13 December 2017.
Applicants notified - Wednesday 20 December 2017.
Open for applications - Monday 15 January 2018.
Last day for applications - Sunday 4 February 2018.
Applicants notified - Wednesday 14 February 2018.
Open for applications - Monday 26 February 2018.
Last day for applications - Sunday 25 March 2018.
Applicants notified - Wednesday 4 April 2018.
With this fund, AT aims to:
- Encourage and support people new to riding bikes.
- Further normalise cycling as a viable mode of transport.
- Support local people to encourage riding within their own communities.
- Support initiatives that showcase new cycleways to local people.
- Develop and encourage community participation in cycling.
- Support an increase in cycle safety.
- Encourage community collaboration and partnerships.
Projects we fund
Funding is available during 2017/18 for community-focussed projects that encourage riding a bike as a regular transport option, and/or improve cycle safety, and contribute to the normalisation of cycling in Auckland. For example:
- Projects that encourage the uptake of cycling as a transport choice.
- Projects that encourage safe cycling practices.
- Projects that encourage the use of new and existing cycleways.
The fund can be used for:
- Community events, activities or projects.
- Training programmes that encourage the safe use of the Auckland cycle network.
- The development of relevant targeted community-specific information and resources.