This AT Community Bike Fund is to support community initiatives that encourage more people to ride bikes more often in Auckland, especially new riders. It is one part of Auckland Transport’s commitment to support and promote cycling as a transport choice.
How to apply
Applications for Round 1 funding have closed.
How much and when
The grant will be available in two rounds during 2018/19.
Groups can apply for grants from $300 up to $5,000.
- Opened Monday 26 November 2018, at 8am.
- Closed Sunday 16 December 2018, at 11:59pm.
All projects must be completed by 30 June 2019.
Details on round two dates for the grant will be announced in 2019.
With this fund, AT aims to:
- Encourage and support people new to riding bikes.
- Further normalise cycling as a viable mode of transport.
- Support local people to encourage riding within their own communities.
- Support initiatives that showcase new cycleways to local people.
- Develop and encourage community participation in cycling.
- Support an increase in cycle safety.
- Encourage community collaboration and partnerships.
- Encourage everyday journeys by bike.
- Empower groups to champion cycling within their community.
Funding is available during 2018/19 for community-focussed projects that encourage riding a bike as a regular transport option, and/or improve cycle safety, and contribute to the normalisation of cycling in Auckland. For example:
- Projects that encourage the uptake of cycling as a transport choice.
- Projects that encourage safe cycling practices.
- Projects that encourage the use of new and existing cycleways.
The fund could be used for:
- Community events, activities or projects.
- Training programmes that encourage the safe use of the Auckland cycle network.
- The development of relevant targeted community-specific information and resources.
If you have any questions, please contact Shelley.