Auckland waterfront Britomart to Mission Bay ride
The Auckland waterfront along Tamaki Drive is one of the most popular rides in Auckland. It is paved, flat and easily accessible by train and ferry to Britomart.
- 7km fully paved route.
- About 30 minutes.
- Entirely off-road path.
- Popular path shared with pedestrians.
Auckland waterfront cycle ride map
More about this route
This gentle ride along the wonderful Auckland waterfront is one of the most popular in Auckland. The whole route is off-road and beside the water of the Waitemata harbour with views to Rangitoto. At Mission Bay enjoy the beach, park, restaurants, pubs, cafes or cinema. The ride can be extended to St Heliers Bay. The path is busy and shared with pedestrians so please ride slowly and share with care.
- Fantastic views of the harbour and Rangitoto.
- Parks, picnic spots and beaches.
- Toilets and drinking water along the route.
- Access from Britomart (bikes can be taken on trains and most ferries free of charge.)
Share the path
- Slower traffic has right of way.
- Please be courteous towards other path users.
- Ring your bell before passing.
- Remember to smile, wave and have a good time.
- Ride on the left and pass on the right.