This 6km scenic route between Meadowland Drive in Somerville (near Botany Downs) and Lloyd Elsmore Park in Pakuranga has plenty to offer in the many reserves and parks along the way.
- About 30 minutes.
- Sommerville to Highland Park: 6km.
- Easy, family-friendly ride.
- Side paths to Golflands & Botany Downs.
- Mostly paved, shared off-road path.
Cascade shared path cycleway map
More about the route
Join the shared path at numerous points between Meadowland and Millhouse Reserves and Lloyd Elsmore Park. There is a flat, concrete path for almost the entire route. The path is an easy recreational ride for weekend cyclists, while also providing a family friendly destination with an excellent learners trail built especially for kids within Lloyd Elsmore Park.
The Rotary Centennial Bike Trail runs 1.2km through the park and has been designed to help kids learn to ride and improve their skills. Each of the challenge sections has an alternative easy route and there are jumps and seesaws to practice on.
- Lookout over the Cascades Waterfall.
- Historic Hattaway Bridge.
- Children’s trail at Lloyd Elsmore Park.
- Scenic route through parks.
- Howick Historical Village.
Share the path
- Please be courteous towards other path users.
- Ring your bell before passing.
- Remember to smile, wave and have a good time.