Make your way to work by foot from Parnell or Newmarket through to the city.
- View walking route maps for Parnell and Newmarket through to the city.
- Check out points of interests along the route.
- Learn more about pedestrian safety.
- Find out how AT can help incorporate walking into your workplace.
The 2 maps below show times and gradients.
The walking time map breaks the route into approximate 5 minute sections (shown by different shades of light and dark).
To estimate the time you add up the number of sections, so 3 sections would take 15 minutes. The gradient map shows the slope of the ground you would have to walk on. A light colour means a downhill or level slope while a dark colour shows uphill.
Map showing walking gradients from Parnell and Newmarket through to the city
- Parnell Baths.
- Thomas Bloodworth Park.
- Newmarket Park.
- Holy Trinity Cathedral.
- Dove Meyer Robinson Park.
- Fraser Park.
- Constitution Hill.
- University of Auckland City Campus.
- Albert Park.