Hobsonville Point is an old Air Force community that is being redeveloped as Auckland grows, reflecting aspirations to create well planned urban environments. The area provides an easy recreational route with purpose built off-road paths.
- About 35 minutes.
- Mostly flat with a few hills.
- Off road paths, some gravel.
Hobsonville Point cycle ride map
More about this route
This ride around Hobsonville Point makes a great Saturday or Sunday excursion. Cycle down to the wharf, take in the stunning water views on The Landing and around Bomb Point, enjoy the farmers market (weekends only), or pack a picnic and find your own spot by the water. The ride is off-road or in shared spaces. It is mainly sealed with short sections of gravel by the coast. There is a bike maintenance stand on the wharf and four rental bikes at the wharf and at the café (managed by NextBikeNZ).
Note: Hobsonville Point still has a lot of construction going on so keep an eye out for changes in road layout or road closures/diversion as access to paths and roads can change.
- Outdoor art.
- Historic wharf and flying boats ramp.
- Café and playground.
- Ferries on weekdays.
- Bike hire at the wharf (managed by NextBikeNZ).
Share the path
- Slower traffic has right of way.
- Please be courteous towards other path users.
- Ring your bell before passing.
- Remember to smile, wave and have a good time.
- Ride on the left and pass on the right.