The drop-in session is a flexible format where you can take part in cycle skills lessons, bike maintenance, or a little bit of both.
At the session there will be ‘learn to ride’ instruction for anybody who has never ridden a bike, while other participants will practice changing gears, braking and bike control. A mechanic will also be there for anybody wanting to learn about maintenance.
It is also a good opportunity to come along and ask one of our regional coordinators for more info on riding locally.
So, if you are keen to master the art of riding a bike or want to learn to fix a flat... pop in.
Bikes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. We don’t want you to miss a moment of the fun, so it is best to be there early.
If you are looking for something for kids, check out our Kids Learn to Ride sessions.
When and where
Unable to stay for the full time? No sweat. Stay for as little or as long as you like.
Auckland Council - Henderson Service Centre, 8 Henderson Valley Road, Henderson
- Saturday 6 October 2018, 10am to 12pm.
- Saturday 3 November 2018, 10am to 12pm.
- Saturday 1 December 2018, 10am to 12pm.
Mangere Town Centre, Mangere
- Saturday 13 October 2018, 4pm to 6pm.
Northcote Intermediate, 145-157 Lake Rd, Northcote
- Saturday 27 October 2018, 10am to 12pm.
- Saturday 17 November 2018, 10am to 12pm.
Te Matariki - Clendon Library and Community Centre rear carpark, Clendon
- Wednesday 14 November 2018, 6pm to 8pm.
YMCA Auckland, 149 Greys Avenue, Auckland Central
- Friday 26 October 2018, 5:30 to 7:30pm.
- Friday 30 November 2018, 5:30 to 7:30pm.
No registration needed
No need to book for these sessions but if you indicate you're interested on our Facebook event, we can send you a reminder.