Tāmaki Makaurau / Auckland's city centre cycle loop is now complete, offering you a safe, easy way to travel the city centre by bike. Come join us for a fun, free, guided e-bike ride to discover a new way of getting around downtown Auckland.
On this page
- City centre cycle loop guided e-bike rides
- Register for a city centre loop guided e-bike ride
- What you need to know
- On the day
Tāmaki Makaurau / Auckland's city centre cycle loop is now complete! Come join us on a fun, free, guided e-bike ride to discover some of Auckland's best new cycle paths and where they can take you.
You'll get to check out Auckland's vibrant, upgraded waterfront by the Quay Street cycleway, cruise underneath the historic Grafton Bridge on the Grafton Gully path, and discover incredible city views on the award-winning Lightpath - Te Ara I Whiti.
All these cycle paths are separate and entirely protected from traffic. The loop is a great, easy way to get around the city by bike. And on an e-bike, even climbing hills is a breeze. You'll get to go further and faster and arrive at your destination looking and feeling fresh.
The ride is around 6.7km and will take two hours, including an introduction to e-bikes. Bikes and helmets will be provided for free. If you have your own e-bike, you're welcome to bring it along with you.
These guided rides are for people who are already confident on a regular bike. If you would like to learn how to ride a bike or how to ride on quiet roads, check out our range of Adult Bike Skills courses.
If you've got a group of 4 or more people who would like to go on a guided e-bike ride around the central city loop, fill out your details on the 'Group booking' section of our registration page.
Our contractor will be in touch to book a ride at a time that suits your group.
- Rides are free and open to Auckland residents over the age of 18.
- Registration is required for all guided e-bike rides.
- Proof of vaccination status must be shown on the day.
- For reasons of health and safety and instructor ratios, the complete venue address will be supplied upon registration.
- City centre loop guided e-bike rides will operate during all traffic light settings of the COVID-19 Protection Framework.
Please try to arrive 15 minutes before the ride start time. Once you arrive, look for the AT flags and instructors with bikes.
Make sure you've read all confirmation emails for further details about your ride.
Make sure to wear or bring:
- Comfortable clothing
- Shoes with a closed-in toe such as sneakers (No jandals)
- Sunscreen or a rain jacket (Depending on the weather)
- A water bottle and snacks, and a way to carry these.