View or download a map of the cycleways in the central Auckland area. You can also pick up a pocket-sized, fold-up map from selected locations.
About the map
The map shows the cycle network in and around the central city area. We will update it regularly as new parts of the network are finished.
To help you plan your ride and know what to expect, each colour on the map represents a different type of facility (as shown in the legend):
- Thicker lines show the main routes of major cycleways.
- Thinner lines show facilities that are more local in nature or minor routes or connections.
- Purple dotted lines labelled ‘traffic-calmed street’ show shared spaces and parts of cycle routes that are good for cycling, but are shared with cars. Most people will feel comfortable cycling on these roads as they have few cars and have been designed for low speeds.
- Green lines show paths that are shared with pedestrians. Keep left on these paths and pass pedestrians or slower cyclists with care on the right. Use a bell to warn others of your approach.
You can find our pocket-sized, fold-up maps around Auckland.
- Adventure Capital - Unit D, 80 Wyndham St, CBD.
- Adventure Cycles - 9 Premier Ave, Western Springs.
- Bike Barn - Corner Symonds St & Khyber Pass Rd.
- Blend - 9 Mt Eden Rd, Eden Terrace.
- Central City Library - 46 Lorne St, CBD.
- Cyco - 348 New North Rd, Kingsland.
- Electric Bike Hub - 29 East St, Eden Terrace.
- Grey Lynn Library - 474 Great North Rd, Grey Lynn.
- iBike - 88 Quay St, Britomart, CBD.
- iSite orange container - Princess Wharf, Quay Street.
- Karanga Plaza Information Kiosk - Wynyard Quarter.
- Mt Eden Cycles - 66 Mt Eden Rd, Mt Eden.
- Mud Pie Deli - 1205 Great North Rd, Pt Chevalier.
- Parnell Library - Parnell Rd.
- Planet Cycles - 213 Dominion Rd, Mt Eden.
- Power to the Pedal - 9 Gore St, CBD.
- Rush Velo - 52 Remuera Rd, Newmarket.
- T White's Everyday Bikes - 132 Symonds St, Eden Terrace.
- The Leys Institute - 20 St Marys Rd, Ponsonby.
- Torpedo 7 - 538 Karangahape Rd, Newton.
- AvantiPlus - 72 Barrys Point Rd, Takapuna.
- Bike Barn - 81 Barrys Point Rd, Takapuna.
- Birkenhead Library - Hinemoa St, Birkenhead.
- Columbus Café Smales Farm - The Blvd, Smales Farm.
- Devonport Community Centre - 32 Clarence St, Devonport.
- Devonport Library - 2 Victoria Rd, Devonport.
- Devonport Fullers Ferry Office - Devonport Wharf.
- Kiwivelo - 33 Barrys Point Rd, Takapuna.
- Northcote Library - Ernie May St, Northcote.
- Saint Cycles - 32A Barrys Point Rd, Takapuna.
- Smales Farm Station info desk - Shakespeare Rd, Northcote.
- Think Electric Bikes - 25 Lake Rd, Devonport.
Routes featured in the map
For more information and details about the routes featured in the Auckland Central City cycle map visit:
- Auckland waterfront shared path.
- Beach Rd cycleway.
- Grafton Gully cycleway.
- Lightpath and the Nelson St cycleway.
- Quay St cycleway.
You might also be interested in: