Looking for a perfect way to experience the beauty and variety of central Auckland? Why not walk or run it using one of our inner-city routes?
These inner-city running routes will take you down tree-lined streets dotted with historic houses and churches, or along the bustling waterfront with its amazing harbour views. From shorter circuits to longer, more challenging runs, these routes offer the perfect opportunity to get your heart and legs pumping.
- Albert Park circuit (duration: approx 15 min | distance: 2 km)
- Bastion Point (duration: approx 15 min | distance: 2 km)
- Hobson Bay - Orakei Basin circuit (duration: approx 50 min | distance: 9.5 km)
- Inner city canter (duration: approx 50 min | distance: 10 km)
- Inner city dash (duration: approx 30 min | distance: 4.5 km)
- Mt Eden-Maungawhau volcanic challenge (duration: approx 1 hr 10 min | distance: 8.5 km)
- Sri Chinmoy peace mile (duration: approx 6 min per circuit | distance: 1.6 km)
- Waterfront cafes & bays (duration: approx 45 min one way | distance: 9.5 km)
- Inner west run (duration: approx 1 hr | distance: 10 km)
Car parking and changing facilities (complete with showers) are available for your use at the Auckland Domain Grandstand and the Victoria Park Grandstand.
Walking groups and routes
Find resources and more info around walking groups and routes on the following websites: