A peaceful ride that takes you around a picturesque part of the Manukau Harbour coastline.
- 10km fully paved route.
- Mostly flat with a few small rolling hills.
- Small on-road section on quiet streets (about 400m).
Wattle Downs cycle ride map
More about this route
The Wattle Downs ride takes you around a picturesque part of the Manukau Harbour coastline through Mahia Park and Wattle Downs. The 10km paved route hugs the shoreline and has many seats and picnic tables for you to catch your breath or admire the view. The ride goes past the Manukau golf course, has opportunities to reach the water and two playgrounds. The path is in two parts, connected by about 400m of quiet residential road.
The path runs from Frangipani Avenue to Bluewater Place and can be accessed from numerous points off Glenross Drive, Carnoustie Drive and Aberdeen Crescent.
- Quiet, peaceful environment.
- Follows the coastline.
- Stunning views of the Manukau Harbour.
- Picnic areas with tables.
- Two playgrounds.
- Toilets (located in the Wattle Down Farm Reserve, can be accessed from the pathway).
Share the path
- Slower traffic has right of way.
- Please be courteous towards other path users.
- Ring your bell before passing.
- Remember to smile, wave and have a good time.
- Ride on the left and pass on the right.