The drop-in session is a flexible format where you can take part in cycle skills lessons, bike maintenance, or a little bit of both.
At the session there will be ‘learn to ride’ instruction for anybody who has never ridden a bike, while other participants will practice changing gears, braking and bike control. A mechanic will also be there for anybody wanting to learn about maintenance.
It is also a good opportunity to come along and ask one of our regional coordinators for more info on riding locally.
So, if you are keen to master the art of riding a bike or want to learn to fix a flat... pop in.
Bikes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. We don’t want you to miss a moment of the fun, so it is best to be there early.
When and where
Unable to stay for the full time? No sweat. Stay for as little or as long as you like.
Henderson Auckland Council Service Centre, Smythe Road, Henderson
Enter from Smythe Rd (follow signs for 'Waitakere Central'), follow the driveway past the council buildings and Civic Centre, and park in the carpark at the end. Look out for our instructor team and a trailer load of bikes as they will be there ready to go.
- Saturday 7 October 2017, 10am to noon.
- Saturday 4 November 2017, 10am to noon.
- Saturday 3 February 2017, 10am to noon.
- Saturday 3 March 2017, 10am to noon.
- Saturday 7 April 2017, 10am to noon.
Mangere Centre Park, Robertson Road, Mangere
Park in Centre Park carpark and look for our instructor team who will be set up there. 'Bike skills' is happening in Centre Park, and the maintenance side of things is happening in the garage at the back of Mangere Community House, 141 Robertson Rd, and you can easily walk between the two.
- Thursday 12 October 2017, 6pm to 8pm.
- Thursday 9 November 2017, 6pm to 8pm.
- Thursday 15 February 2018, 6pm to 8pm.
- Thursday 15 March 2018, 6pm to 8pm.
- Thursday 12 April 2018, 6pm to 8pm.
Halsey Wharf, next to the Viaduct Event Centre, Wynyard Quarter
- Wednesday 18 October 2017, 5.30pm to 7.30pm.
- Wednesday 22 November 2017, 5.30pm to 7.30pm.
Takapuna Primary School, 23 Auburn Street, Takapuna
Park in the school's carpark and then head to the courts and look for the instructor team there.
- Sunday 29 October 2017, 10am to noon.
- Sunday 26 November 2017, 10am to noon.
- Sunday 25 February 2017, 10am to noon.
- Sunday 25 March 2017, 10am to noon.
- Sunday 29 April 2017, 10am to noon.
No registration needed
No need to book for these sessions but if you indicate you're interested on our Facebook event, we can send you a reminder.