WOW stands for “Walking or Wheeling on Weekdays”. When you travel to school by foot, bike, scooter, rollerblades, skateboard, bus, train or ferry, you reduce the congestion on the roads outside your school. This helps improve the safety of Auckland’s roads and boost your health and fitness.
To become the top WOW class in your school, record your travel each morning on your class page in the ‘WOW’ online calendar.
At the end of each week, your WOW days will count to your classes overall score, which could win you the school WOW trophy!
Make sure you tell your friends to WOW to school and give your class a better chance of winning challenges.
- Sign up for the online WOW calendar
- Get Walking School Bus information
- Please contact your Community Transport Coordinator to request a trophy.
You may also be interested in:
- Travelwise resources - for safe wheeling habits at your school.
- Pedestrian safety.
- Travelwise school programme homepage.