12 to 16 March 2018
Celebrating everything that’s great about walking to school. A week of walking fun and competitions.
Walking School Bus Week is fun, with themed days, celebrity walkers and competitions.
These are the exciting competitions and activities during Walking School Bus week:
Check out the fun activities and winners during Walking School Bus week.
Monday 12 March - AMI Be Bright Be Seen
AMI Be Bright Be Seen day is where you wear your loudest or brightest clothes so your whole bus is seen. Winners of a $100 Prezzy card are:
- Bucklands School - Logan Road Walking School Bus - posted by Tammi Beckett.
- Laingholm School - Victory Road Walking School Bus - posted by Kim Bowkett-Moore.
- Meadowbank School - Pukekohe Express Walking School Bus - posted by Anna Jackson.
- Sherwood School - The John Downs Walking School Bus - posted Danelle Clayton.
Tuesday 13 March - Funky Feet
Stepping out in a crazy pair of shoes for Funky Feet day. Winners of an Auckland Zoo Family Pass are:
- Beachlands School - posted by Maria Currell.
- Edendale School - posted by Elizabeth Duke.
- Greenhithe School - posted by Jayne Rice.
- Henderson Valley School - posted by Sally Ross Locke-Bonney.
Wednesday 14 March - Whacky Wednesday
Wearing your wackiest hair, shoes, and clothes for Whacky Wednesday. Winners of a Family sailing pass on the Ted Ashby (including Maritime Museum entry) are:
- Bayview School - posted by Angi Mueller.
- Everglade School - posted by Sharon Montague.
- Meadowbank School - posted by Kath Manning.
- Titirangi School - posted by Melanie Bennett.
Thursday 15 March - Super Walker
Dressing up as a Super Walker such as your favourite superhero or your own creation. Winners of a $100 Countdown voucher are:
- Elm Park School - posted by Hayley Cooper.
- Flanshaw Road School - posted by Megan Miles.
- Greenhithe School - posted by Pamela Wilson.
- Westmere School - posted by Lucy Farrugia.
Friday 16 March - The Big Walk
Getting the whole school involved or as many people as you can walking together on the Big Walk to or from school. Trophy winners (1 x per region) are:
- Central Auckland - Gladstone School.
- North Auckland - Hauraki School.
- South Auckland - Beachlands School.
- West Auckland - Marshall Laing School.
Thanks to everyone who completed a safety audit. Winners of a $100 Prezzy card are:
- Amanda Cotterall - Orewa Primary School.
- Carmen Golds-Uili - Konini Primary School.
- Katrina King - Birkenhead Primary.
- Natalie Stewart - Meadowbank School.
Congratulations to everyone that started a new Walking School Bus during Walking School Bus week. Winners of a $100 Westfield gift card are:
- Celina Baker - Hillsborough School.
- Joseph Neilson - Matipo School.
- Moselle Brown - Elim School.
- Sarah Turner - Windy Ridge School.
Congratulations to everyone that invited a local hero along to join your bus during Walking School Bus Week. Winners of a My Food Bag voucher are:
- Alison Ellisdon - Ellerslie School.
- Geraldine Smeal - Hobsonville Point Primary School.
- Lucy Farrugia - Westmere School.
- Caroline Hudson - Windy Ridge School.
Thank you to our Walking School Bus Week sponsors: AMI Insurance, More FM, My Food Bag, Auckland Zoo and New Zealand Maritime Museum.