Winter is cold and wet but the Winter Wizard could come to visit your Walking School Bus to help keep the wheels on your walking school bus moving during the wet winter months.
Keep your walking school bus moving during winter
During Term 3 (19 August to 13 September), our Walking School Bus Winter Wizard will be out and about, to encourage you to keep walking over winter.
Get your Walking School Bus to have fun with the theme of the week and go into the draw to have a surprise visit from our Winter Wizard and the hot chocolate van.
Theme 1 - Be Bright, Be Seen
Monday 19 August to Friday 23 August 2019.
Post a photo of your Walking School Bus dressed up in bright colours.
Theme 2 - Rock your winter wear
Monday 26 August to Friday 30 August 2019.
Post a photo of your Walking School Bus rugged up in your winter woollies or wet weather gear. Perhaps a brightly coloured beanie, scarf, gloves, gumboots or umbrella.
Theme 3 - Hats and Wigs Week
Monday 2 September to Friday 6 September 2019.
Post a photo of your Walking School Bus in any type of hat or crazy wig.
Theme 4 - Video Week
Monday 9 September to Friday 13 September 2019
Post a short video to showcase a range of activities your Walking School Bus could do on their way to/from school. Perhaps picking up rubbish, dodge the cracks in the pavement all the way to school, I spy with my little eye or every time they see a yellow car say "Banana Banana".
How to enter
- to take part and each child registered will receive a free pair of Walking School Bus socks and a star bag tag (while stock lasts).
- Join your regional Walking School Bus Facebook page to keep up to date.
- Keep an eye out for the weekly themed competition posts in the regional Facebook pages:
- Comment in the weekly themed competition Facebook entry, including a photo or video, your Walking School Bus route name and school.
- Easy as that, you’re in the draw to win a visit from the Winter Wizard and hot chocolate van.
- Terms and conditions apply.
All photos posted on Facebook in this competition can be seen by members of the public. If you are happy for your photographs to be used by Auckland Transport in any other media, each child will require a consent form to be completed by their parent or guardian.