Join in the winter Walking School Bus fun and keep your Walking School Bus going over winter.
There will be weekly competitions and all entries receive Walking School Bus Beanies for the children on your Walking School Bus (while stocks last).
Theme 1 - Be bright be seen
Monday 3 August to Friday 7 August 2020.
Get everyone on your Walking School Bus to wear their brightest clothes.
Theme 2 - Rock your animal onesie
Monday 10 August to Friday 14 August 2020.
Put on your favourite animal onesie, dress up as your favourite animal or bring your favourite animal soft toy along for a walk on your Walking School Bus.
Theme 3 - Winter collection
Monday 17 August to Friday 21 August 2020.
Take a photo of a frosty morning, get your umbrellas out for a photo, put on your winter gear and show us what winter means on your Walking School Bus.
Theme 4 - Hats and wigs
Monday 24 August to Friday 28 August 2020.
Wear your craziest hat or wackiest wig.
How to enter
- to take part before 10pm on 16 August 2020 and all the children on your Walking School Bus will receive a Winter Wizard pencil (while stocks last).
- Join your regional Walking School Bus Facebook page to keep up to date.
- Take a photo of your Walking School Bus participating in the theme for the week and post it on the closed Facebook group for your area (North, West, Central or South) or via GooseChase app, which you can download from the App Store or Google Play. Search for the Walking School Bus Winter Wizard game in the GooseChase app and then select the game for your area (North, South, Central or West). The password is WW20.
- One winner from each area (North, South, Central, and West) will be drawn each week. The winners will receive a visit from our Winter Wizard and also coffee/hot chocolate vouchers from Wild Bean café (BP) for your entire Walking School Bus – that’s for both volunteers and children.
- Keep an eye out for the weekly themed competition posts in the regional Facebook pages:
- Terms and conditions apply.
All photos posted on Facebook in this competition can be seen by members of the public. If you are happy for your photographs to be used by Auckland Transport in any other media, each child will require a consent form to be completed by their parent or guardian.
Start a New Walking School Bus and be in to win
Start a new Walking School Bus in July or August 2020 and be in to win 1 x $100 New World voucher or 2 x $50 Prezzy card. Email details of your new Walking School Bus to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details must include:
- Name of new Walking School Bus.
- School name.
- Name of parent coordinator.
- Email address for parent coordinator.
- Phone number of parent coordinator.
- How many children are on the Walking School Bus.