Trade permits discontinued
From 31 August 2018, Auckland Transport will no longer issue Trade permits.
Trade permits sold up to 31 August 2018 will remain valid until 31 December 2018.
AT will not be issuing refunds for any unused Trade permits, therefore we recommend that all your Trade permits are used by 31 December 2018.
Trade permits were available for selected users that required an exemption from time restrictions or an alternative way to pay for paid parking to allow them to carry out their work. For short stays, paying for the time used at a parking meter may be more economical.
Using a trade permit
Trade permits are a physical paper scratchie permit.
To use a trade permit, scratch off the date, month and the year that the permit is being used on.
A valid permit must be clearly displayed on the vehicle dashboard, face up with the selected date visible or an infringement notice may be issued.
If more than one date is scratched off, the permit will be void.
Terms and conditions
- A valid permit must be clearly displayed on the vehicle dashboard, face up with the selected date visible or an infringement notice may be issued.
- This permit is only valid when the vehicle is being used for loading/unloading goods or carrying out services approved on application.
- Each permit covers one vehicle. Additional vehicles e.g. trailers require a separate permit.
- This permit does not apply to loading zones. Vehicles parked in loading zones must comply with time restrictions.
- This permit does not apply to P2, P5, P10 or P15 time restrictions.
- This permit does not apply where a temporary traffic management plan is in place.
- This permit does not apply to prohibited parking areas such as broken yellow lines, clearways, bus stops, taxi stands or mobility parking bays.
- This permit does not guarantee the availability of any parking space. All parking operates on a “first in, first served” basis.
- This permit cannot be used to reserve any parking space.
- This permit cannot be used in a vehicle that is parked for the primary use of advertising or promotion.
- This permit cannot be used for the direct or indirect purpose of revenue generation.
- Any copies made of this original permit are invalid.
- Any abuse of the terms and conditions of this permit may result in future applications being refused.
- Auckland Transport reserves the right to revoke this permit at any time.