There are multiple ways to start and stop a parking session:
- Using the AT Park app.
- Log into your AT Park online account (select 'Start session').
- Call 09 528 7275 (you will hear voice prompts to start and stop a session).
- Text 2824 (see separate instructions).
Start a parking session
1. Select the Area ID you are parking in (the Area ID is on payment machines and parking signs). You can also click on the location symbol next to the Area ID and nearby Area IDs will automatically be presented in a pop-up window. You can then select the Area ID where you are parked.
2. Enter or confirm your vehicle registration.
3. Select Start.
You don’t need to guess how long you will be parked. Once you start a parking session, it will be live until you stop it. If there is a time limit, the system will automatically stop your session after the time shown on the parking sign, for example, if you park in a 2-hour zone, once you start a session, you will have up to 2 hours of parking.
You can also define a time period that you want to park for and the parking session will automatically stop after this time.
There is a minimum time for a parking session of 15 minutes.
Stop a parking session
When you are ready to leave, stop your parking session.
The system will then charge your credit card for the time you have used. For example, if you return to your vehicle and stop your parking after 40 minutes, you will be charged for 40 minutes of parking.
You can start a new parking session without moving your vehicle, but you may receive a ticket if you park for longer than the maximum time-limit.
If you have defined a time period you want to park for and you want to extend this, you have to stop your current session and start a new session.
Not stopping a session
Once you start a parking session, it will be live until you stop it (or it automatically times out in some areas).
If there is a time limit, the system will automatically stop your session after the time shown on the parking sign. For example, if you park in a 2-hour (P120) zone, once you start a session, you will have up to 2 hours of parking.
You can also set an expiry time for your parking session using the slider tool in the app. If you set reminders, you will be sent a text 10 minutes before your session ends.
We encourage you to set up text reminders on your AT Park account, so you'll get a text reminding you to stop your parking session.
The first time you forget to stop your session, we may be able to offer you a refund (less 1 hour for parking). To request a refund, call 09 528 7275 (7am to 10pm, 7 days) or fill in the feedback form.
We can only offer you one refund. After that, you will be liable to pay for the whole parking session.
Send text (SMS) messages to 2824. You must use a phone registered to your AT Park account.
Single vehicle account
- To start your parking session, send a text message with the word PARK <space> and the Area ID, eg PARK 101010.
- To stop your parking session, send a text with the word STOP.
Multiple vehicle account
- To start your parking session, send a text message with the word PARK <space> the Area ID <space> and your vehicle registration, eg PARK 101010 35REGO.
- To stop your parking session, send a text with the word STOP <space> and your vehicle registration, eg STOP 35REGO.
Graduated tariff zones
In some paid parking areas, AT uses a graduated tariff to encourage short-term parking. In these graduated tariff zones, the hourly rate doubles after 2 hours, for example, $2 per hour for the first 2 hours, then $4 per hour for any hours after that.
AT Park has been set up so you cannot stop and start parking sessions to keep parking on the cheaper rate.
In a graduated tariff zone, if you stop a parking session and start another one (with the same Area ID) within 60 minutes, AT Park will carry on from when your last session ended. If you start another session after more than 60 minutes, then you will start again at the cheaper rate.