Attend a 2-day workshop for free
Want to get your learner licence? Are you between the ages of 16 and 24?
These FREE 2-day workshops for 16 to 24 year olds will provide you with a better understanding of the road code, and will help you to sit your learner licence with greater confidence. Please be aware that AT does not cover the learner licence testing fee.
These workshops include the fundamentals of the Road Code, key road safety elements and a Virtual Reality (VR) component. The VR modules allow the students to gain greater perspective into risk assessment and to develop strategies that align to their own behaviours and lifestyles. This is to encourage conversation and strategies around young driver behaviour and peer pressure.
“Most students need to learn in a workshop or classroom. The Virtual Reality component being introduced also helps students experience the consequences of bad decision making.” Quote from Pearl Sidwell, Pakuranga College’s Maori and Pasifika Academic Mentor.
Why you should get a driver's licence
- Many employers are now looking for young people with a driver’s licence – even if driving isn’t part of the job!
- You will have the independence to travel to work, sport and social activities without having to rely on others to drive you there.
licenceprocess is designed to make you a safe driver on our roads. The restrictions at each stage of the licence help you learn new skills without the extra pressure of things like driving at night or with passengers in the car.
Available workshops for 2019
- 16 and 17 April, 9:30am to 2:30pm (both days).
- 19 and 20 February, 9:30am to 2:30pm (both days).
- 12 and 13 March, 9:30am to 2:30pm (both days).
- 17 and 18 April, 9:30am to 2:30pm (both days).
- 21 and 22 May, 9:30am to 2:30pm (both days).
- 11 and 12 June, 9:30am to 2:30pm (both days).
- 23 and 24 April, 9:30am to 2:30pm (both days).
- 21 and 22 January, 9:30am to 2:30pm (both days).
- 15 and 16 April, 9:30am to 2:30pm (both days).
- 23 and 24 January, 9:30am to 2:30pm (both days).
Register for a workshop
Community groups - register your interest
If you are part of a community group and would like us to come and present to your community, please use our feedback form to register your interest. We'll contact you to discuss workshop options.