Attend a 2-day workshop for free
Want to get your learner licence? Are you between the ages of 16 and 24?
These FREE 2-day workshops for 16 to 24 year olds will provide you with a better understanding of the road code, and will help you to sit your learner licence with greater confidence. Please be aware that AT does not cover the learner licence testing fee.
These workshops include the fundamentals of the Road Code, key road safety elements and a Virtual Reality (VR) component. The VR modules allow the students to gain greater perspective into risk assessment and to develop strategies that align to their own behaviours and lifestyles. This is to encourage conversation and strategies around young driver behaviour and peer pressure.
“Most students need to learn in a workshop or classroom. The Virtual Reality component being introduced also helps students experience the consequences of bad decision making.” Quote from Pearl Sidwell, Pakuranga College’s Maori and Pasifika Academic Mentor
Why you should get a driver's licence
- Many employers are now looking for young people with a driver’s licence – even if driving isn’t part of the job!
- You will have the independence to travel to work, sport and social activities without having to rely on others to drive you there.
licenceprocess is designed to make you a safe driver on our roads. The restrictions at each stage of the licence help you learn new skills without the extra pressure of things like driving at night or with passengers in the car.
Workshops for 2018
Each workshop runs over 2 days and you'll need to attend both days.
Takapuna War Memorial Hall – 7 The Strand, Takapuna.
- Monday 16 and Tuesday 17 April 2018, 9.30am to 2.30pm (each day).
- Location: Main Hall
Franklin The Centre - 12 Massey Avenue, Pukekohe.
- Thursday 19 and Friday 20th April 2018, 9.30am to 2.30pm (each day).
- Location: Combined room Leslie Comrie & Growers Kitchen
Manukau Civic Building - 33 Manukau Station Road, Manukau.
- Monday 23 and Tuesday 24 April 2018, 9.30am to 2.30pm (each day).
- Location: Puhinui Room
Kelston Community Centre – 135 Awaroa Road, Sunnyvale.
- Thursday 26 and Friday 27 April 2018, 9.30am to 2.30pm (each day).
- Location: Committee Room
Community groups - register your interest
If you are part of a community group and would like us to come and present to your community, please use our feedback form to register your interest. We'll contact you to discuss workshop options.