Travelwise Choices Awards terms & conditions Travelwise Choices Awards terms & conditions
General Terms and Conditions
- All information on how to nominate and eligibility for nominations forms part of these terms and conditions. By entering in a nomination for the Travelwise Choices Awards 2020 entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Travelwise Choices Awards event coordinator is Auckland Transport, 20 Viaduct Harbour Avenue, Auckland 1010 ('AT').
- Individuals can nominate themselves.
- The nominee must be based in Auckland and adhere to the eligibility criteria of the category for which they are nominating.
- Nominees that entered for the Travelwise Choices Awards in previous years cannot be nominated again using the same project.
- The nomination period for the Travelwise Choices Awards runs from 7am, Monday, 20 July to midday, Monday, 31 August 2020 ('Nomination Period'). AT reserves the right to extend the close date for nominations. In such a case, nominators and nominees will be notified by AT.
- To enter a nomination for the Travelwise Choices Awards, the nominator must complete the nomination form to its entirety. Incomplete nominations will not be considered.
- The nominator reserves the right to withdraw their application at any time during the Nomination Period.
- AT reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of nominations and nominees (including an nominee's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any nominee whose nomination is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the nomination process. Failure by AT to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Employees and family members of AT are not able to enter the Travelwise Choices Awards.
- Nominations which include partial information, or are submitted by or through dishonest means, fraud or other illegal activity, or nominations not complying with these terms and conditions, are invalid.
- Awards will be made in 9 categories:
- Community - Superior Grassroots Action.
- Community - Event of the Year.
- Individual - Champion of Modes.
- Individual - Sustained Leadership.
- Innovative Thinker.
- Business - Excellence in Travel Choices.
- Business - Flexible Future.
- Business - Initiative of the Year.
- Business - Sustained Leadership in Transport.
- By registering or submitting a nomination for the Travelwise Choices Awards, Auckland Transport reserves the right to contact nominators and nominees for further information or promotional material.
- Nominations will be judged by an external panel of judges from the cycling, walking, public transport, and urban design communities in Auckland. The judges reserve the right to consider nominations for additional categories. Judges' decisions are final.
- The Award winners will be announced online in October 2020. The winner of each category will be selected from all eligible nominations received during the Nomination Period.
- In the event of being shortlisted, the nominee or someone representing the nomination will be encouraged to make themselves available to collaborate with AT's Sustainable Mobility team to create promotional material including but not limited to a video, press release, and or advertorial and agree that AT has distribution and promotional rights over this.
- Nominators acknowledge, where the nominee is someone other than the nominator, the nominee has consented to the provide AT with personal information to the extent relevant to the Travelwise Choices Awards and to be contacted by AT for further information and/or for publicity purposes. Nominators understand that they may be contacted by AT for further information and/or for publicity purposes and acknowledge where the nominee is someone other than the nominator, the nominee has consented to AT contacting the nominee for such purposes.
- To the extent permitted by law, AT and its associated agencies are not liable in any way (including, without limitation, in negligence) for any loss, damage or injury (including indirect and consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection with participation in this Travelwise Choices Awards or the use of the Awards.
- AT, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, suspend, terminate or modify the Travelwise Choices Awards or any part of the Travelwise Choices Awards if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the AT's reasonable control adversely affects AT's ability to conduct the Travelwise Choices Awards or part of the Travelwise Choices Awards as contemplated in these terms and conditions. If there is a cancellation or modification to the Travelwise Choices Awards, nominators and nominees will be notified by AT.
- AT takes no responsibility for lost, damaged, misdirected, late, illegible or incomplete nominations, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of nomination information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures, failures of computer equipment or software, inability to access telecommunications network services, corruption of any format holding a nomination or any other error or malfunction.
- AT’s decisions on all matters relating to the Travelwise Choices Awards are final and no correspondence will be entered into. AT reserves the right to contact the users by email to rate the offer or experience after redemption.
Privacy and Communications
By entering a nomination for the 2020 Travelwise Choices Awards, nominators consent to:
- AT adding the nominator's supplied email to the AT Travelwise Choices e-newsletter subscription list as per page one of the nomination form.
- All personal information provided by nominators will be held by AT at, Auckland Transport, 20 Viaduct Harbour Avenue, Viaduct Harbour, Auckland 1010.
- Under the Privacy Act 1993 nominators and nominees have the right to access and correct their personal information.