Information to help you with the infringement process and payments timeline.
View infringement details and photos
You can view your infringement details and images online (if any photos available). When viewing images, to see a larger version click on the image.
You will need to know your infringement notice number, and vehicle registration if it is a vehicle infringement. After you have viewed the infringement details, you can choose to pay or query the infringement.
Stage 1. Infringement notice issued
Payment due 28 days from issue of infringement notice.
To avoid further action, please make payment on or before the due date.
Stage 2. Reminder notice issued
If the fine is not paid on or before 28 days, we will send you a reminder notice. The reminder notice gives you another 28 days to pay.
To avoid further action, please pay the infringement in full, or set up an instalment plan to pay your infringement - see options to pay your infringement.
Stage 3. Fine lodged with Baycorp
Vehicle, parking, transit lane and bus lane fines
Fines that remain unpaid after the reminder notice date will be lodged with the debt-collection agency Baycorp.
- Auckland Transport cannot accept payment once fine is lodged with Baycorp.
- Auckland Transport cannot review the fine once it is lodged with Baycorp.
- You will need to make payment to Baycorp.
- Baycorp do not add a fee to the fine.
- You can arrange part-payment instalments with Baycorp.
- Baycorp will make every effort to contact the named person on the fine.
- For more information about how to pay go to the Baycorp website.
Public transport and harbourmaster fines
Public transport and harbourmaster fines are not lodged with Baycorp.
Stage 4. Fine lodged with Ministry of Justice
Fines that remain unpaid will be lodged with the Ministry of Justice.
- Auckland Transport cannot accept payment once fine is lodged with the Ministry of Justice.
- Auckland Transport cannot review the fine when it is lodged with the Ministry of Justice.
- The Ministry of Justice adds a Court fee to the fine.
- To pay or for more information go to the Ministry of Justice website.
Lost infringement number
If you do not have your infringement number, please contact us and we will send you a copy of your infringement notice.
Infringement paid but you received a reminder notice
If you have paid your infringement and then received a reminder notice, please ignore the reminder notice.
If you would like to confirm that we have received your payment, please contact us.
We do not issue GST receipts because fines do not incur GST.
Infringement notice process
The infringement notice process is set out in various statutes, the Land Transport Act 1998 and the Summary Proceedings Act 1957. These detail the way infringement notices may be served and the administrative process. Visit the Ministry of Justice website for more information on the fines and infringements process.
If your question is not answered here or you need further assistance, please call us.
- For vehicle, parking, bus and transit lane infringements, call 09 355 3553.
- For harbourmaster infringements, call 09 355 3553.
- For public transport infringements, call 09 366 6400.