30% off-peak fares during Alert Level 2.
To help everyone keep their distance from others on buses, trains and most ferries during Alert Level 2, we’re encouraging you to travel at off-peak times if you can.
From Monday 7 September you will receive a 30% discount off the adult AT HOP fare for travel on weekdays after 9am and before 2:30pm, or after 6:30pm. If you are a student with a tertiary concession on your HOP card will also receive a 30% discount off an adult AT HOP fare (rather than the usual 20% tertiary discount).
This offer excludes Waiheke ferries and other non-commuter ferries. See below.
Here are the details:
- 30% off the existing Adult AT HOP fares.
- Tertiary Students receive a 30% discount off an adult AT HOP fare (rather than the usual 20% tertiary discount)
- Discounts do not apply to cash fares, remembering cash fares are not accepted during Alert Level 2
- Travel off-peak between 9am to 2:30pm and after 6:30pm in the evenings
- Monday to Friday only
- Offer available only during Alert Level 2
- For travel on buses, train and most ferries (excluding the Waiheke ferry and those listed below).
Services not included:
- Vehicle ferries operated by SeaLink.
- Rakino Island operated by Belaire.
- Matiatia/Waiheke Island ferries and other commercial tourist ferry services operated by Fullers.
We’re hoping that this will not only benefit your hip pocket but will also help make space for physical distancing on all our services at Alert Level 2. This way, everyone’s trip will be safer and more comfortable.
Use of QR codes
You will now find QR codes on buses, trains and ferries. To help things go smoothly for everyone, please have the Ministry of Health’s NZ COVID Tracer app open and ready to scan when you get on-board.
Using public transport during Alert Level 2
Thanks for your support by wearing a face covering while you are on board. It truly amazing to see the different patterns and home-made designs that people have come up with.
The best place to find the latest information about the COVID-19 situation in New Zealand is on the Government COVID-19 website.