The Pakuranga to Botany stage of AMETI Eastern Busway runs between the intersection of Ti Rakau Drive and Pakuranga Road and Botany Town centre.
This stage of the project also includes a new bus station at Pakuranga Town centre, a flyover between Pakuranga Road and Pakuranga Highway, along with several cycling, walking and urban design improvements.
- Continuation of a dedicated urban busway, between Pakuranga and Botany town centres, separate from general traffic.
- A new bus station and interchange at Pakuranga town centre.
- A new bus station at Botany town centre.
- A new architecturally designed urban flyover, connecting Pakuranga Road with Pakuranga Highway.
- Building a new modern busway bridge across the Pakuranga Creek next to the existing road bridge with a wide shared path for cyclists and pedestrians.
- Improving pedestrian and cycling facilities, including new cycle lanes and footpaths separate from traffic.
- Reliable, more frequent bus services (every 5 to 10 minutes between Panmure and Botany).
- The new urban flyover will improve travel options for motorists between Pakuranga Road and Pakuranga Highway.
- The flyover will remove up to 40% of traffic from busy intersections, enabling buses to move more freely.
- 15-minute bus between Botany Town Centre and Panmure Station.
- Improved signalling at important intersections.
- Cycle lanes and footpaths will make it possible to walk or cycle off-road between Panmure, Pakuranga, and Botany.
- Improved pedestrian and cycling connections around Pakuranga town centre.
- Safer access to Pakuranga Road for local residents.
Busway along Ti Rakau Drive
The busway will continue from the intersection of Pakuranga Road along the centre of Ti Rakau Drive to the future Botany Station.
It will be supported by a number of bus stops at key locations along with separated walking and cycling paths.
Features and benefits
- Buses every 5-10 minutes.
- 15-minute bus journey between Botany and Panmure Station.
- Shared cycling and walking paths.
- Four lanes for general traffic.
Image: Artist's impression of the busway along Ti Rakau Drive.
Reeves Road flyover
A new flyover connecting Pakuranga Road with Pakuranga Highway will help buses travel smoothly by removing up to 40 per cent of vehicle traffic from busy intersections in the area.
The connection will also offer alternative options for motorists travelling between Pakuranga and Mt Wellington.
We are currently assessing opportunities for using the space underneath the flyover, such as a shared vehicle, pedestrian, and events space.
Image: Artist's impression of the new flyover.
Pakuranga Creek bridge
We propose building a new busway bridge on the northern side of the current Pakuranga Creek bridge to provide for the busway as well as a combined pedestrian and cycle path.
Features and benefits
- Two dedicated busway lanes.
- Shared cycle and pedestrian path separate to general traffic.
Image: Artist's impression of the new busway bridge.
A new station will be developed at Pakuranga town centre, providing improved access to this important commercial and retail precinct and better travel options to the surrounding area.
The new station is still in preliminary design stages and we are working closely with town centre owners on options.
Features and benefits
- Improved access to Pakuranga town centre.
- Improved distribution of buses from Pakuranga town centre to either Botany, Panmure or other parts of the area.
- Facilitates increased number of services and greater frequency.
A new bus station at Botany town centre is currently in the early planning stages.
Have your say on AMETI Eastern Busway
Proposal status: open until 22 October 2018
The AMETI Eastern Busway will significantly improve transport choices, reliability, and journey times in south-east Auckland and to other parts of the region.
Once the busway is completed, you'll be able to travel by bus and train between Botany and Britomart in less than 40 minutes.
The busway will be supported by 3 new stations at Panmure, Pakuranga, and Botany, new cycling and walking connections, urban design enhancements, and improvements for general traffic such as advanced signalling at important intersections.
A new flyover connecting Pakuranga Road with Pakuranga Highway is also planned to provide Resources to ensure you are informed about the project when providing feedback: better travel options and reduce congestion for general traffic.
Major transport improvements have already been made with the opening of the new Panmure Station (now the fifth busiest station in Auckland) and the development of Te Horeta Road.
The next stage will be construction of a busway with buses travelling on their own congestion-free lanes between Panmure and Pakuranga town centres. This work will commence in late 2018.
The final stage between Panmure and Botany is due for completion by 2026.
Resources to ensure you are informed about the project when providing feedback
Stage 2 and 3 (residential section) plans:
Note: These plans are designs for Pakuranga Town Centre, surrounding streets, The Reeves Road Flyover and the residential section of AMETI Eastern Busway (the section of Ti Rakau Drive between Pakuranga Town Centre and Pakuranga Creek Bridge) and for the commercial section of AMETI Eastern Busway (between Pakuranga Creek Bridge and Botany Town Centre).
- AMETI Eastern Busway Stage 2 design plans Oct 2018 (PDF 6.9MB)
- AMETI Eastern Busway Stage 2 design plans with features Oct 2018 (PDF 1.8MB)
- AMETI Eastern Busway Stage 3 (residential) design Oct 2018 (PDF 5.8MB)
- AMETI Eastern Busway Stage 3 (residential) design plans with features Oct 2018 (PDF 4.4MB)
- AMETI Eastern Busway Stage 3 (commercial and business) design plans (PDF 5MB)
We are now seeking feedback on the AMETI residential and commercial design plans.
Consultation open days
We will be holding a number of information days in September and October. This will be an opportunity to meet the team, ask questions and provide feedback about these important stages of the project.
- Saturday, 13 October 2018, 10am to 4pm
- Tuesday, 16 October 2018, 10am to 7pm
- Thursday, 18 October 2018, 10am to 7pm
- Saturday, 27 October 2018, 10am to 4pm
- Tuesday, 30 October 2018, 10am to 7pm
- Thursday, 1 November 2018, 10am to 7pm
Location: AMETI Eastern Busway Drop-in Centre
Pakuranga Plaza (next to Porterhouse Grill)