The Hibiscus Coast busway station, on Hibiscus Coast Highway opposite the Silverdale War Memorial Park, will provide a modern station building and a large parking area.
Project status: Construction
Project zone: North
The Hibiscus Coast busway station is being developed in 2 stages:
The first stage involves the construction of all civil work excluding the station building:
- Earthworks to bring the site to level for the parking and station building areas, and a stormwater pond.
- Formation of bus circulation area and car park (481 consented car parks plus 127 car parks subject to resource consent approval).
- The new car park will open in zones, with the first zone of 211 parking spaces opening in late November 2017 and the second of 270 parking spaces opening in January 2018.
- Construction of a retaining wall along Painton Road.
- Stormwater and sewer pipe works.
- Street lighting, CCTV and data installation.
- Effects to the operation of buses will be minor.
- The existing car park area will be maintained until the main car park area is complete (expected January 2018).
The second stage involves the construction of the station building (on land used as a temporary car park) and minor re-configuration of the lanes at the intersection with Painton Road.
Once the station is completed it will include ticket & top-up machines, toilets, secure cycle parking, and waiting areas that will be well lit and protected from the elements.
- Stage 1: February 2017 to February 2018.
- Stage 2: February 2018 to early 2020.
Artist's impression of the busway station
Plan of the new busway station
There are 4 interim bus stops on Painton Road. Some bus services will continue to use the existing bus stops on Hibiscus Coast Highway until the project is completed.
The bus station carpark will maintain 200 parking bays for the duration of construction works. Access to the carpark is open 24 hours a day. Parking on the grass verges is prohibited to facilitate construction work.
The Hibiscus and Bays Local Board has made temporary parking available at the site of the former Nippon Judo Club, on Hibiscus Coast Highway, just past the Silverdale War Memorial Park. See a map of the area (PDF 32KB).
While construction work is underway, consider using bus services 981, 982, 983, 984, 986, 987, 988, 991x and 992x for travel to and from the Hibiscus Coast bus station. Check timetables to find bus services.