Throughout the development of this project, we've surveyed local businesses and people on K Road, as well as gathering community feedback.
In developing initial plans, we wanted to understand the travel habits of K Road businesses and pedestrians and their thoughts on proposed enhancements.
- Read the K Road business survey report (PDF 807KB)
- Read the K Road pedestrian survey results (PDF 733KB)
In October and November 2016, we asked for your feedback on proposed designs for the different sections of the project, particularly these design elements:
- Improvements for pedestrians, including wider or de-cluttered footpaths.
- A high quality cycleway on both sides of the road, separated from general traffic, usually by a raised island with sections of planting.
- Relocation of bus stops.
- Changes to traffic lanes.
- The use of some kerbside parking for bus or traffic lanes during peak traffic times (Monday to Friday, 7am to 10am and 4pm to 7pm).
- Rain gardens to help manage and treat storm water run-off.
- Tree location to create space; additional planting.
- Relocating loading zones and taxi stands.
In February/March and again in April/May 2016, we invited feedback from the K Road community (including businesses). On both occasions we sent letters to over 2,800 members of the community, inviting them to provide feedback online or in person.
Auckland Open Streets
On 1 May 2016, AT staff were at the Open Streets event asking for feedback on the best way to allocate space between different users of K Road.
We asked what type of cycleway design you think is best for the street. Over 2,000 people voted on the different layout and design options. The results show that separating the cycleway from traffic should be a key design consideration.
Myers Park Medley and White Night
In February and March 2016, we invited the public to attend 2 community events: Myers Park Medley and White Night.
The community turned out in droves to tell us what they love about K Road and how we could make the streetscape even better. People also gave feedback online.