Auckland Transport and its contractor Fulton Hogan have started road safety improvement works at the intersection of Bollard Avenue and Methuen Road, Avondale, on 15 February 2021.
The project work involves constructing footpaths and driveways, building out kerbs, creating pedestrian crossings and installing a roundabout. New road markings and signage will also be installed to accompany the new roundabout.
The project will be constructed in two phases. Stage one will focus on the northern side of the intersection and is expected to be complete on approximately 8 March 2021. Unforeseen weather events and unexpected ground conditions may impact on construction timeframes.
We are aiming to complete the project by the end of May.
During this time, detour routes will be in place for alternative pedestrian access.
- We ask that you please follow the detour signage and traffic controllers for your safety.
- Footpath access will be sign-posted. However, there may be instances when pedestrian will be asked to use the other side of the road for their safety.
How the works affect you
- Travel time: With the new traffic layout, you may need to allow extra time for your travels.
- Traffic: Detour signs will be in place for alternative access and way finding.
- Disruption: This type of work involves machinery, which can create noise, vibration and dust. We will use industry best practices to keep this to a minimum.
- Site safety: We ask that you keep out from entering any fenced off area as this is a live worksite. Please remind all younger members of your household.
- Clean up: Tidying up of areas affected by the works will be carried out as soon as possible.