Latest Updates Latest Updates
Information on road changes associated with the construction of the Northwestern Bus improvements.
February to July 2022
The early works on Te Atatū Road are now complete and we will begin to focus on the new interchange located by the Te Atatū off-ramp. This work will include improvements to bus shelters, bus islands, footpaths and pedestrian crossings as well as installing new signage, fencing and traffic signals.
Weather permitting, night time work is scheduled to start 20 February on the north side of the Te Atatū off-ramp, followed by work starting 20 March on the southern side. This part of the project is expected to take till the end of July 2022.
We will be implementing a new, long-term traffic management set-up on the northern side of the Te Atatū off-ramp and immediate area of Te Atatū Road to allow our crews to undertake work safely.
What to expect:
- The majority of work will take place overnight from 9pm to 5am, Sunday to Thursday. There will be a small amount of work taking place in the daytime as well.
- The first two weeks of initial night works will be noisy as we break out the old concrete. We expect this level of noise to decrease once this is completed.
- Work will be happening on the road, in berms and on footpaths.
- Some small detours are necessary. Traffic management will be in place, please follow the signage and allow extra travel time.
- All work will be fenced to ensure safety of work crews, drivers and the community - please take extra care when driving, walking and cycling.