Auckland Transport (AT) is proposing to connect the two separate sections of Princes Street in Riverhead together to improve the efficiency and function of the street.
- Find out about the Princes Street connection, Riverhead.
- Get details about the proposed works for the Princes Street connection.
- Public engagement for the proposed Princes Street connection, Riverhead.
Project status: Consultation
Project zone: North-West
Auckland Transport (AT) is working to deliver an effective transportation network that keeps Auckland moving and work alongside communities to meet their needs.
As part of this long term plan, AT are looking to connect the two separate sections of Princes Street in Riverhead together, in order to improve the efficiency and function of the street.
- Improve facilities for pedestrians.
- Improve the aesthetic of the area.
- Provide better road connectivity for a growing community.
- Improve access for emergency vehicles and waste collection services.
- 25 June 2018 - Consultation opens.
- 15 July 2018 - Consultation closes.
- Late 2018 - Public feedback report shared with submitters.
- Construction timing to be determined.
Proposed works for the Princes Street connection in Riverhead
- Construct a new road connection to connect the two separate sections of Princes Street.
- Excavate the berm.
- Remove wattle trees opposite George Street along existing paper road.
- Construct a footpath on the north side.
- Add a pram crossing at the George Street intersection to improve safety for pedestrians.
Road and safety improvements
- Investigate the addition of one street light.
- Remove existing wattle trees to ensure thoroughfare and adequate visibility for vehicles.
Design plan and construction
The construction period is estimated to take two months if the project is to go ahead as proposed.
AT will aim to mitigate disruption to the community as much as possible and will ensure advance notice is given to residents before construction takes place.
Local knowledge is very important to us and public feedback will help ensure the best outcome for those who live, work and play in the area.
We sought feedback from residents and stakeholder groups on the proposed changes from 25 June to 15 July 2018.
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback.