Swanson Station parking Swanson Station parking
A new park and ride facility for rail commuters is now complete and opened, and provides about 140 additional car parks on Kiwirail land behind 710-720 Swanson Road.
Project status: Completed
Project zone: West
Provide additional off-street parking for Swanson rail commuters.
- The new car park was competed in early July 2015.
- Work included: earthworks, car park construction, kerb and channel, footpaths, drainage, rain gardens, native plantings, retaining walls, fencing, line marking, lighting, CCTV.
- Additional all day parking for close to 140 cars.
- Fenced site with CCTV camera monitoring.
- Vehicle entry and exit between the existing skatepark and the Challenge petrol station.
- Raised pedestrian footpath connecting commuters to Swanson rail station.