Penrose Station Penrose Station
Auckland Transport (AT) is extending the length of the platform at Penrose Station so longer trains can service the station for special events at Mt Smart Stadium.
Project status: Complete.
Project zone: Central.
We have extended the length of platform 3 at Penrose Station by 15 metres at the northwestern end and by 40 meters at the southwestern end.
The extension allows 6-car trains to service the station when special events (like concerts) are held at nearby Mt Smart Stadium.
Other improvements to the station:
- New staircase at the southwestern end of the platform.
- New lighting, security measures (CCTV), and public announcement systems.
- Widening the existing access ramp.
Trains will continue usual services to Penrose Station during construction. Find out more about construction timeframes.
- Quicker clearance times for passengers.
- Less crowding at the station.
Construction work started in February 2018 and took 14 weeks to complete.