Auckland Transport (AT) is extending the length of the platform at Penrose Station so longer trains can service the station for special events at Mt Smart Stadium.
Project status: Complete.
Project zone: Central.
We have extended the length of platform 3 at Penrose Station by 15 metres at the northwestern end and by 40 meters at the southwestern end.
The extension allows 6-car trains to service the station when special events (like concerts) are held at nearby Mt Smart Stadium.
Other improvements to the station:
- New staircase at the southwestern end of the platform.
- New lighting, security measures (CCTV), and public announcement systems.
- Widening the existing access ramp.
Trains will continue usual services to Penrose Station during construction. Find out more about construction timeframes.
- Quicker clearance times for passengers.
- Less crowding at the station.
Construction work started in February 2018 and took 14 weeks to complete.