Want to teach your kids how to ride a bike, but you are not sure how to get started. Check out our videos, attend a drop in session or download our booklet.
- Watch our 4 Kids learn to ride videos.
- Find out more about our Learn 2 ride drop in sessions.
- Find out about our Kids learn to ride booklet.
Check out these 4 videos, which are a step-by-step guide to get your kids riding.
To find out more download the Kids learn to ride booklet or pick up a copy at one of the Kids learn to ride events.
Get involved in the #Learn2Ride sessions. Auckland Transport’s team of qualified instructors work alongside parents to get kids riding.
Whether starting on a balance bike or making the transition to a pedal bike, the team is there to help. Come along, chat to our instructors, try out some different bikes and get your kids riding.
When and where
Each event is weather dependent and you can drop in anytime during the session. Bikes are available on a limited basis.
Avondale Central Reserve, Racecourse Parade, Avondale
- Saturday 9 March 2019, 10am to 12pm.
- Saturday 13 April 2019, 10am to 12pm.
- Saturday 11 May 2019, 10am to 12pm.
Eden Park Carpark, Reimers Ave, Kingsland
- Sunday 17 March 2019, 9:30am to 11:30am.
- Sunday 7 April 2019, 9:30am to 11:30am.
Greville Reserve, Forrest Hill Rd, Forrest Hill
- Saturday 2 March 2019, 10am to 12pm.
- Saturday 6 April 2019, 10am to 12pm.
- Saturday 4 May 2019, 10am to 12pm.
Howick Pakuranga Netball Courts, Lloyd Elsmore Park, 451 Pakuranga Rd, Pakuranga
- Saturday 16 March 2019, 10am to 12pm.
- Saturday 27 April 2019, 10am to 12pm.
The Falls carpark, Alderman Drive, Henderson
- Saturday 23 March 2019, 12pm to 2pm.
No registration is required, but keep an eye on the Auckland Transport Cycling events page on Facebook to see any event updates