Learning to ride a two-wheeler is one of those big childhood milestones, and being a part of that experience as a parent is a thrill. However, if you are wondering how to get started, or experiencing a few bumps along the way then check out the #Learn2Ride sessions.
Auckland Transport's team of qualified instructors work alongside parents to get kids riding. Whether starting on a balance bike or making the transition to pedals the team is there to help.
If your child doesn't yet have a bike but is keen to give it a go, there will be bikes available on a limited basis.
Sessions are weather dependent and run on a drop in basis. So, come along and chat to our instructors, try out some different bike sizes and get those kids riding
When and where
Unable to stay for the full time? No sweat. Stay for as little or as long as you like.
Greville Reserve, Forrest Hill Rd, Forrest Hill
- Saturday 3 February 2018, 10am – noon.
- Saturday 3 March 2018, 10am – noon.
- Saturday 7 April 2018, 10am – noon.
Avondale Central Reserve, Racecourse Parade, Avondale
- Saturday 11 November 2017, 10am – noon.
- Saturday 10 February 2018, 10am – noon.
- Saturday 10 March 2018, 10am – noon.
- Saturday 14 April 2018, 10am – noon.
No registration is required, but keep an eye on the Auckland Transport Cycling events page on Facebook to see any event updates