The Cycling and Micromobility Programme Business Case (CAM-PBC) outlines a pathway to achieving Te-Tāruke-ā-Tāwhiri: Auckland’s Climate Plan cycling goal - three quarter of a million daily cycling trips in Tāmaki Makaurau - a 30-fold increase by 2030!
To understand how this goal can be reached, the CAM-PBC outlines the suite of infrastructure improvements, non-infrastructure initiatives, policy and advocacy opportunities that are required to enable and encourage people to choose a more active mode of transport. It is required by and follows Waka Kotahi funding guidelines as an essential element to secure funding from the National Land Transport Fund. It takes a long-term view on alignment with Council’s strategic direction, identifies what funding is required and where that could be spent - effectively and efficiently.
The CAM-PBC goes beyond the remit of Auckland Transport, drawing in other agencies and ministries through identifying actions they could consider, in support of Te-Tāruke-ā-Tāwhiri: Auckland’s Climate Plan.
The CAM-PBC was endorsed by Auckland Council’s Planning Committee and the Auckland Transport Board in May 2022, followed by Waka Kotahi Board in July 2022. The recommendations within the CAM-PBC are for each appropriate agency or ministry to review, consider and if necessary, fund.
A plain-English summary document is available below.
- Cycling and Micromobility Investment Strategy - Summary Document (PDF 2.04MB)
- CAM PBC - Final Draft April 2022 (PDF 2.80MB)
- Appendix A - ILM technical note (PDF 235KB)
- Appendix B - Appraisal Summary Table (.xslx 95KB)
- Appendix C - Lessons Learnt technical note (PDF 394KB)
- Appendix D - Alternatives technical note (PDF 308KB)
- Appendix E - Long list technical note (PDF 536KB)
- Appendix F - Shortlist technical note PDF 1.14MB)
- Appendix G - Cycle Parking and Customer Growth Initiatives (PDF 531KB)
- Appendix H - Policy technical note (PDF 486KB)
- Appendix I - Prioritisation Matrixm (.xslx 210KB)
- Appendix J - Benefits Realisation technical note (PDF 163KB)
- Appendix K - SSBC Framework (PDF 517KB)
- Appendix L - Cost Estimates and Design Standards technical note (PDF 212KB)
- Appendix M - Cycling Demands and Economic Assessment (PDF 820KB)
- Appendix N - Risk Register (PDF 41.5KB)
- Appendix O - Indicative Programme Maps (PDF 1.65MB)