Our Safety, Health, and Wellbeing Strategy is about embedding safety into our culture and authentically bringing our value of Tiakitanga to life.
On this page
- About the Safety, Health, and Wellbeing Strategy
- Download the Safety, Health, and Wellbeing Strategy
- Our approach
- Strategic pillars and objectives
- Learn more
Safety is the heart of everything we do.
Our Safety, Health, and Wellbeing Strategy addresses:
- workplace health and safety
- transport safety
It sets out our belief, intentions, and approaches to creating a safer transport network and workplace.
We will achieve this by:
- significantly shifting AT's culture, mindsets, and behaviour to support our safety priorities and plan
- connecting hearts and minds - so that our people take ownership in helping people get home safely every day
- creating belief at all levels that deaths and serious injuries are preventable
- working together and learning - moving away from blaming
- weaving safety throughout our people experience touch points and embedding safety into our organisational culture
- having trusted safety advisers and together advocating across all aspects of safety.
- We believe that safety on our network and at work, including health and wellbeing, is everyone's responsibility - and we take that responsibility seriously.
- Everyone has a clear role, responsibility, and accountability for Safety, Health, and Wellbeing (SHW) at AT, and across our partners.
- We build SHW capability and keep each other accountable.
- We set the mark high on strong SHW performance targets and metrics. We help each other to achieve them.
- We keep our focus on prevention and learning, not blaming.
- We recognise and advocate for the SHW needs of Treaty partners and communities.
- Tiakitanga and Manaakitanga underpin everything we do. People feel supported and included in conversations about SHW on our transport networks and while at work.
- We know our personal responsibility to ourselves and to others in ensuring mental and physical SHW. We show this in our everyday actions.
- We consult, cooperate, and coordinate with each other and our partners to bring real-world SHW solutions.
- We keep SHW simple, equitable, tangible, and specific to people's reality.
- We look to our Safety team as trusted advisors.
- Our SHW systems, tools, policies, and processes are aligned, fit-for-purpose, and easy to use. We consider the human factor and where work is done.
- We apply safe system thinking into how we design, build, operate, and maintain a safe transport network.
- We know our critical risks and we focus on gaining assurance over our critical controls.
- We benchmark against what good looks like - performance, assurance, and practices in order to lift the bar.
- We use data and insights to continuously learn and improve.
- We influence and action for safety, health, and wellbeing impacts on our transport networks and in workplaces across our broad ecosystem, locally and nationally, which may impact regulatory and policy settings.
- We show our commitment in our proactivity and our high expectations of others.
- We promote the good work AT is doing and seek to learn from others, so together we get better at keeping each other safe.
- We take a lead on the challenging conversations needed to realise a safer region.
To find out more about our Safety, Health, and Wellbeing Strategy, you can contact our Safety team at healthsafety@AT.govt.nz.