Auckland Transport has taken a number of steps to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, contractors, our customers and local communities amidst the COVID-19 situation. To limit exposure to COVID-19 as much as possible, we have taken the precautionary step of cancelling all cycling courses and events until further notice. We apologise for the short notice and any inconvenience this may cause – we believe this is an important and necessary measure. We continue to take advice from the Government and the Ministry of Health regarding COVID-19 safety precautions and will continue to review the situation on an ongoing basis. Read more information about COVID-19 on our website, which we will continue to update with the latest information, and also check the Ministry of Health’s website.
Attend a drop in session to teach your kids how to ride a bike.
Get involved in the #Learn2Ride sessions. Auckland Transport’s team of qualified instructors work alongside parents to get kids riding.
Whether starting on a balance bike or making the transition to a pedal bike, the team is there to help. Come along, chat to our instructors, try out some different bikes and get your kids riding.
When and where
Each event is weather dependent and you can drop in anytime during the session. Bikes are available on a limited basis.
Greville Reserve, East Coast Road, Forrest Hill
- Saturday 4 April 2020, 10am to 12pm.
- Saturday 2 May 2020, 10am to 12pm.
Avondale Central Reserve, 1971 Great North Road, Avondale
- Saturday 18 April 2020, 10am to 12pm.
- Saturday 9 May 2020, 10am to 12pm.
Maybury Reserve, Taniwha Street, Glen Innes (near EcoMatters bike hub)
- Saturday 21 March 2020, 12pm to 2pm - * Postponed until further notice.
Eden Park carpark, Gate G, Reimers Road, Kingsland
- Sunday 22 March 2020, 10am to 12pm. - * Postponed until further notice.
- Sunday 17 May 2020, 10am to 12pm.
Mangere-Otahuhu Netball courts, Mascot Ave, Mangere
- Saturday 28 March 2020, 1pm to 3pm. * Postponed until further notice.
No registration is required, but keep an eye on the Auckland Transport events page on Facebook to see any cycling event updates.
* Due to the current environment, the delivery of all sessions will be reviewed two weeks in advance.