Enjoy 50% off AT travel fares, concessions and the price of a new AT HOP card (except the purchase of pre-loaded HOP cards) until 31 January 2023. For more details, visit Half Price Discount on Public Transport Fares.
If you need to travel immediately, we recommend you top up in person at an AT HOP retailer, top-up machine or AT Customer Service Centre.
Top up your registered AT HOP card online. The minimum amount you can top up online is $5, the maximum you can store on your card is $500.
Before you start
- You must have a registered AT HOP card. Find out how to register your AT HOP card.
- Top up online can only be made by credit or debit card, have these details handy.
Step 1: Choose the card you want to top up
In your MyAT account, under "My AT HOP cards" choose the card you want to top up and select "Top up online".
Step 2: Enter amount and payment
Enter the amount you want to top up and confirm your payment details or change if needed, then select "Pay now".
Step 3: Tag on to activate
You will need to tag at an AT HOP reader or electronic gate within 60 days for your top up to be activated on your AT HOP card.
If you do not tag on
Your top up will remain showing as pending in your online account.
- If you travel by bus your top up should be ready by the next day, but it may take 24 to 72 hours.
- If you travel by train or ferry your top up will be ready in an hour.
- If you do not tag on within 60 days, the transaction will expire and the payment will be reversed to the credit or debit card used to top up.