Travelling with your AT HOP daily fare cap
Travel all day on trains, buses and inner harbour ferries by tagging on and off with your AT HOP card. Never pay more than $20.
How it works
- Your daily cap will apply automatically when you have paid $20 on a train, bus or inner harbour ferry the same day with the same AT HOP card.
- You must tag on and tag off as you travel with your AT HOP card. If you don’t, you may be charged a default fare which won’t contribute to your daily cap.
- If you tag on before midnight, your fare will apply to your daily cap even if you tag off after midnight.
- Purchasing paper tickets using your HOP card balance is not included in the daily cap.
- The $20 cap is a fixed amount and is not adjusted for discounts, such as student or child discounts.
The daily fare cap includes travel on
- All Auckland trains and bus services
- Scheduled bus services
- Inner Harbour ferries on Fullers travelling to Devonport, Bayswater, Birkenhead and Northcote Point
The daily fare cap does not include travels on
- Ferries to Waiheke Island, Half Moon Bay, Gulf Harbour, Pine Harbour, West Harbour, Rakino Island, Hobsonville and Beach Haven