If you have a blue AT HOP card without a SuperGold concession on it
You can exchange your current blue AT HOP card for a gold AT HOP card loaded with a SuperGold concession.
You will need to:
- Register your existing blue AT HOP card. You can do this online or call us on (09) 366 6400.
- Take your SuperGold card and your AT HOP card, along with current ID to your nearest AT Customer Service Centre.
What we will do when you visit an AT Customer Service Centre:
- Transfer your details from your current registered blue AT HOP card to a new gold AT HOP card.
- Cancel your blue AT HOP card.
- Initiate the transfer of any existing balance, which can take up to 10 working days.
- Load your concession on to a new gold AT HOP card.
When you leave you’ll be able to use your new gold AT HOP card to enjoy your SuperGold public transport concession immediately.
If you want to keep your current blue AT HOP card you need to buy a gold AT HOP card if you are eligible, register the card and apply for the SuperGold concession.
If you have a blue AT HOP card with a SuperGold concession on it
If you already have a SuperGold public transport concession loaded on a blue AT HOP card, you can continue to use your card as you do today, travelling on public transport in Auckland. We have not yet started the process to swap out registered blue AT HOP cards with a gold AT HOP card, but when we do, we will contact you with the opportunity to swap out your blue AT HOP card for a gold AT HOP card free of charge.
Note: Senior Citizen ID cardholders with a blue AT HOP card are not eligible for a gold AT HOP card.