AT provides facilities to secure your bike while you're out cycling around Auckland.
Bike parking near Britomart
Bike parking is located near the Britomart Transport Centre at:
- Pier 1 in the Downtown Ferry Terminal (covered).
- Queens Wharf (uncovered).
- Behind the Britomart Transport Centre (uncovered).
- Queen Elizabeth Square (covered and uncovered).
- Corner Tyler Street and Commerce Street (uncovered).
- Downtown car park Building (covered).
Auckland Council city service centres
- Civic Service Centre.
- Graham St Service Centre.
- Waiheke Service Centre.
- Auckland Central and community libraries.
Community centres and community halls
- Dunkirk Activity Centre.
- Ferndale House (Mt Albert).
- Glendowie Community Hall.
- Jack Dicky Hall (Greenlane).
- May Rd War Memorial Hall.
- Mt Roskill Community Centre.
- Panmure Community Centre.
- Ponsonby Community Centre.
- Auckland Domain (outside War Memorial Museum).
- Jordan Recreation Centre.
- Mission Bay.
- Mt Albert Recreation Centre.
- Olympic Pool (Newmarket).
- Victoria Park skate park.
Central city area
- Bledisloe House (1 outside Tourist Information and 3 outside the post office).
- Corner of Chancery Street and O’Connell Street.
- Elliot Street (Darby Street intersection) .
- New Gallery.
- Queen Elizabeth Square (outside the old Post Office building).
- Queen Street (Tower Centre near Customs Street).
- Swanston Street.
- Viaduct Harbour.
- Victoria Street (Queen Street intersection).
- Vulcan Lane.
- Wakefield Street Art Gallery.
- Wellesley Street (near intersection with Queen Street).
Bike parking in Ponsonby
AT has developed its first bike corral on Ponsonby Road. This is a on-street bike parking facility and has the capacity for 10 bikes at any one time.
Providing an on-street bike corral enables secure and convenient bike parking. It means that the footpath capacity is maintained and de-clutters the area.
AT engages with the Waitemata Local Board and Ponsonby Business Association on decisions made.
Papakura and Papatoetoe train stations
The bike parks at the train stations has space available for 20 bikes, and operates on a first come, first served basis.
Both bike parks offer a choice of standing (Sheffield racks) and hanging bike parking.
The bike parks are fitted with CCTV cameras for security and will shelter your bike from weather. We encourage you to lock you bike and possessions at all times when using the facilities.
If you need to pump up your bike tires or do a minor repair you will be able to use the bike repair stand available at the rail locations.
If the bike park is full there is overflow parking outside for your use.
Bike lockers at Glen Innes and Manurewa train stations
Bike lockers are not currently available to lease at Glen Innes or Manurewa train stations.
Cycle gear lockers at New Lynn transport centre
Cycle gear lockers are not currently available to lease at New Lynn Transport Centre.
Bike lockers at busway stations
There are self-service bike lockers (no lease) available at the following busway stations
- Albany Park and Ride
- Constellation Park and Ride
- Smales Farm Station
- Akoranga Station
These are free to use but require a $2 coin to open the locker. Your $2 is refunded when you reopen the locker. All Northern Busway stations have bike racks.
You may also be interested in:
- How to lock your bike securely.
- How to record your bike serial number.
- Find out about taking your bike on public transport.