You can buy your blue AT HOP card online or in person. You can only buy the gold AT HOP card in person.
Purchase price for an AT HOP card is $10
- The purchase price is non-refundable.
- Unless you have bought a prepay card, cards must be topped up before use and, except when bought online, must be topped up at the time of purchase.
- Minimum top up is $5
- Check out fares and discounts information to find out how much you could save with your AT HOP card.
Buy a blue AT HOP card online and have it mailed to you
Buy an AT HOP
If you are entitled to a SuperGold concession and wish to have this loaded on an AT HOP card, please buy a gold AT HOP card from an AT Customer Service Centre or AT HOP retailer. If you already have a blue AT HOP card with a SuperGold concession loaded on it, you'll be given the opportunity to swap your blue AT HOP card to a gold AT HOP card in the next 12 months. From 1 July 2016 a free card swap will not be provided to customers who buy a blue AT HOP card online if they are already eligible for a SuperGold concession at the time of purchase. Find out more about the SuperGold public transport concession.
Buy a gold AT HOP card if you're a SuperGold cardholder
Gold AT HOP cards are only available to buy at AT Customer Service Centres, ticket offices or AT HOP retailers. Find your closest AT HOP retailer.
You can only buy a gold AT HOP card if you have a SuperGold card. Find out more about the senior citizen and SuperGold concession.
What you need to take with you to buy a gold AT HOP card
- Take your SuperGold card and a current photo ID eg Driver Licence or your passport, or if your SuperGold card has your photo on it, then you do not need to take another form of photo ID.
- Tell the retailer that you are eligible for a gold AT HOP card and present your SuperGold card and photo ID.
- Take $15. The cost of the gold AT HOP card is $10 and you must load it with a minimum of $5 credit (HOP money). The purchase price is non-refundable. Minimum top up is $5.
Then you'll need to apply for a SuperGold public transport concession.
Buy a prepay AT HOP card at selected PAK'nSAVE, New World, and Four Square stores across Auckland
Prepay AT HOP cards cost $20, which includes $10 HOP Money. These stores are not able to sell any other AT HOP card, top up, or HOP product.
Retail locations where you can buy an AT HOP card
Buy a card at your nearest AT customer service centre, ticket office, or AT HOP retailer. Promotional offers available from time to time. Find your closest AT HOP retailer.
Unless you buy a prepay card, when you buy a card from AT customer service centres or AT HOP retailers, your card must be topped up at the time of purchase. The minimum top up is $5.