AT HOP monthly passes are loaded onto AT HOP cards and provide unlimited travel on the services listed for each pass for one calendar month from the first day of use.
Buying a monthly pass
- AT HOP monthly passes can be purchased online or from an AT HOP retailer, top-up machine or AT Customer Service Centre.
- The monthly pass price does not include the (non-refundable) $10 one-off purchase price of an AT HOP card. Find out where to buy one.
- There are no refunds for activated AT HOP monthly passes.
- Only one monthly pass of the same type can be loaded on your card at a time. A second monthly pass can only be loaded once the first monthly pass has been activated.
Types of monthly passes
Enjoy 50% off AT HOP monthly passes until 30 June 2022.
- Bus and train monthly pass for $107.50
- Ferry Inner monthly pass for $82.5
- Ferry Mid monthly pass for $132.5
- Ferry Outer monthly pass for $172.5
Bus and train monthly pass for $215
Provides unlimited travel in all zones for one calendar month on Auckland's buses and trains.
Ferry Inner monthly pass for $165
For use on Devonport, Bayswater, Northcote Point and Birkenhead ferry services. Buses and trains at the start or end of your ferry trip are included if they’re in the same zone.
Ferry Mid monthly pass for $265
For use on Half Moon Bay, Beach Haven, Hobsonville and West Harbour ferry services. Buses and trains at the start or end of your ferry trip are included if they’re in the same zone.
Ferry Outer monthly pass for $345
For use on Gulf Harbour and Pine Harbour ferry services. Buses and trains at the start or end of your ferry trip are included if they’re in the same zone.
Other monthly passes
Waiheke Island adult monthly pass - allows unlimited travel for one person on Fullers Waiheke ferries and Waiheke Bus Company services. Special conditions apply. Details can be obtained from Fullers ticket offices or visit the Fullers website.
Before you start
- You must have a registered AT HOP card. Find out how to register your AT HOP card.
- Have your credit or debit card details handy.
Step 1: Choose the card you want to apply a monthly pass to
In your MyAT account, under "MyAT HOP cards":
- Select the card you want to apply a monthly pass to.
- Select the "Available products" tab.
- Select "Buy a monthly pass".
Step 2: Select monthly pass and payment
Choose the type of monthly pass you want. Confirm your payment details or change if needed, then select "Pay now".
Your pass will then appear as pending while it is being processed.
If you travel by bus, your pass should be ready by the next day, but it may take 24 to 72 hours.
If you travel by train or ferry, your pass will be ready in an hour.
Make sure you have enough HOP money for travel until your monthly pass activates. Find out more about topping up your card.
Step 3: Tag on to activate
You will need to tag at an AT HOP reader or electronic gate within 60 days for your monthly pass to be activated on your AT HOP card.
If you do not tag on
Your pass will remain showing as pending in your online account.
What happens next
- The monthly pass starts from the day the pass is first activated (tagged on), e.g. if you tag on 13 January the pass is valid until midnight 12 February.
- If you do not tag on within 60 days, the pass will expire and and the payment will be reversed to the credit or debit card used to buy the pass.
Travelling with your AT HOP monthly pass
Tag on and tag off
- You have to tag on and tag off as you travel. If you fail to tag on and tag off you may be charged a default fare.
Using both HOP money and a monthly pass
- We suggest that, in addition to your monthly pass, you maintain a small HOP money balance.
- HOP money can be used to cover other travel not included in the monthly pass.
If the HOP money on your card goes into a negative balance, your card, including your monthly pass, cannot be used until the negative balance is cleared by topping up your card.